Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome aboard the S.S. Amour! These forums are for anyone who wish to discuss AmourShipping (SatoSere) or any other ships and to chat with the community.

+26
pokesrini
Blood Red
TemplarJLF
Opum
amour4ever
Mitsuru
chicorita3
calvinhobbesliker
Purim
WillDaSnail
taeuknam
Coconutty
asuna07neros
Spectro889
AshSerena
PokemonTrainerY
Sheepy Lamby
matthew11
Pokévision
AmourMustDie2000
Serena
ScienceIsSoAmazing
Ikcatcher
Amour256
RobSp1derp1g
PotSmuggle
30 posters

AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

pokesrini
    pokesrini
    Admin
    Admin

AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS] - Page 6 Empty Re: AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Post by pokesrini Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:28 am

Ah! Welcome Setsuna! Well..we have this place for as long as we need..and beyond too if needs be :p Honestly, if they give us a month; or time till XY059, this forum will shoot up the Google search rankings. Then we'll be the leaders for AmourShipping.

Anyway, what are your thoughts about XY053?
    Blood Red
    Blood Red

Favorite Pokemon : Charizard

AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS] - Page 6 Empty Re: AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Post by Blood Red Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:34 am

matthew11 wrote:Sadly, the translator aka LucarioTheSuperSaiyan or whatever his name isn't here yet. But nonetheless, I have found something rather... comical, and yeah it's in Japanese:

AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS] - Page 6 Tumblr_n57mdmSWy31rbqb3lo1_1280

Sadly, again, I can't find the creator of this. I'll give it a more thorough search.

LOL this is nice Very Happy

Well, I think we could ask AshSerena. He did give us the hints for XY053, so I think he could help us out with this Very Happy
    Setsuna F Seiei
    Setsuna F Seiei
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Setsuna F Seiei Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:56 am

Hey, thanks for the welcome pokesrini and Blood Red!

My thoughts? Well, TBH I was kinda hoping for some more hints, that episode is just begging for a teasing from Grace but too bad, there aren't any. Sad

Well it's not like it was completely dry anyway. Smile

I like how Serena blushed when Ash reminded her of how she helped him back in episode 7 during his Ryhorn racing. I also like how Serena tried to shut Ash by covering his mouth with her hand. And of course, I like the fact that the never give up until the end phrase were brought up twice by Serena, especially the first one since I believe she said "As Ash would usually say, never give up until the end".

You guys probably know all about those hints, I won't be able to do a little back tracking since I'm in public at the moment.

P.S. Someone needs to tell Pk about this thread so that we can have more good info related to amourshipping
    pokesrini
    pokesrini
    Admin
    Admin

Post by pokesrini Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:07 am

Hahah no problem my friend!

Ah..yeah. Grace not teasing them at all was a little bit of a disappointment. But like you said, it wasn't completely dry. We did get hints! Very Happy

So you caught that thing where Serena repeated their motto. I had missed that one, but BloodRed called it out. We had enough in that episode methinks. Btw, did you notice the one scene in the XY054 preview? What's your take on that? Small hint or not?
    Setsuna F Seiei
    Setsuna F Seiei
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Setsuna F Seiei Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:24 am

pokesrini wrote:Hahah no problem my friend!

Ah..yeah. Grace not teasing them at all was a little bit of a disappointment. But like you said, it wasn't completely dry. We did get hints! Very Happy

So you caught that thing where Serena repeated their motto. I had missed that one, but BloodRed called it out. We had enough in that episode methinks. Btw, did you notice the one scene in the XY054 preview? What's your take on that? Small hint or not?

You are referring to the part where they tried to avoid getting hit by a truck, I believe where it seems Ash have tried to push Serena to save her. Hmm, it's not really a hint for me, I mean it's just a scene where they try to avoid the truck is all. I see no hints for episode 54 but it seems interesting since it will focus more on James. James had a lot of great episodes dedicated for him and none of them really bores me. Very Happy

TBH, I'd want James to quit TR and join Ash and Serena to wherever region they'll go in the future, lol.
    asuna07neros
    asuna07neros

Post by asuna07neros Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:34 am

Hopping on to this thread though I'd be in stalker mode most of the time like usual.
    AshSerena

Post by AshSerena Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:47 am

matthew11 wrote:Sadly, the translator aka LucarioTheSuperSaiyan or whatever his name isn't here yet. But nonetheless, I have found something rather... comical, and yeah it's in Japanese:

AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS] - Page 6 Tumblr_n57mdmSWy31rbqb3lo1_1280

Sadly, again, I can't find the creator of this. I'll give it a more thorough search.

LOL, that scan where did you get that tho, its like comedy manga or something Razz

First Page:Serena: Alright, its done!

2nd Page:Serena: Satoshi!!(Ash) , Thi..This is for you
                 Ash: hm?

3rd Page:Ash: Its Look so Special,  but i feel bad for everyone if i take it.(i dont know if he talking about the group or the prev girl gen Lol)

4th Page:Ash:Im Sorry, but i cant take it.
                Serena:Gankkk(letters on top of her Hat)
                           Ehhh!?
    (lol at pikachu face, Pikachu is like " ash still dense sighh -_-)

Setsuna F Seiei wrote:
    pokesrini wrote:Hahah no problem my friend!

You are referring to the part where they tried to avoid getting hit by a truck, I believe where it seems Ash have tried to push Serena to save her. Hmm, it's not really a hint for me, I mean it's just a scene where they try to avoid the truck is all. I see no hints for episode 54 but it seems interesting since it will focus more on James. James had a lot of great episodes dedicated for him and none of them really bores me. Very Happy

TBH, I'd want James to quit TR and join Ash and Serena to wherever region they'll go in the future, lol.

Btw Guys! dont get Hype! still not sure if is ash trying to push to save serena from the truck or is he just straighting his hand
    if i remember on episode 12, when ash and the group trying to avoid the car from that thief pokemon , and everyone saw that the scene is like serena is holding ash hand and trying to save him

Last edited by AshSerena on Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:58 am; edited 3 times in total
    Blood Red
    Blood Red

Post by Blood Red Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:49 am

asuna07neros wrote:Hopping on to this thread though I'd be in stalker mode most of the time like usual.

Welcome bro Very Happy

@Setsuna Seems like I wasn't the only one who caught that Very Happy To everyone: If you're looking for it, just listen for Saigo made akiramenai (IIRC)

@AshSerena thanks for the translation Very Happy
    asuna07neros
    asuna07neros

Post by asuna07neros Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:03 am

Were you? Artist is from Pixiv. Since I'm a newbie here, I can't post the original link for that fanart.
    pokesrini
    pokesrini
    Admin
    Admin

Post by pokesrini Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:32 am

Setsuna yes. I am. I'm not calling it a major hint as such; but a subtle one. Cute scene, writers' hint. There was a little debate whether Ash is really pushing Serena aside, or it is just his hand at that spot by chance.

I also like the fact that it is focusing on James. I am one of the people who actually doesn't mind Team Rocket. And I feel they need their moments in the spotlight as well. I especially loved their episode where they parted ways with Arbok and Weezing in AG. And of all the TR members, I love James the most. Especially that time with Jessibelle :p That was hilarious. And it really had some story behind it too- that all the wealth in the world may not necessarily mean happiness.

Asuna Everyone's welcome! But what do you mean you cannot post links since you are a newbie?
    matthew11
    matthew11

Favorite Pokemon : Missingno

Post by matthew11 Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:51 am

asuna07neros wrote:

Were you? Artist is from Pixiv. Since I'm a newbie here, I can't post the original link for that fanart.

Apparently, I was. Artist is ライピー@1日目東ト24b from Pixiv.

Source
    Blood Red
    Blood Red

Post by Blood Red Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:04 am

matthew11 wrote:
    asuna07neros wrote:

Apparently, I was. Artist is ライピー@1日目東ト24b from Pixiv.

Source

Thanks for finding the source, though the rest of the images don't seem like they're related to Amourshipping.
    PokemonTrainerY
    PokemonTrainerY
    Regular
    Regular

Post by PokemonTrainerY Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:22 am

AshSerena wrote:

LOL, that scan where did you get that tho, its like comedy manga or something Razz

First Page:Serena: Alright, its done!

2nd Page:Serena: Satoshi!!(Ash) , Thi..This is for you
                 Ash: hm?

3rd Page:Ash: Its Look so Special,  but i feel bad for everyone if i take it.(i dont know if he talking about the group or the prev girl gen Lol)

4th Page:Ash:Im Sorry, but i cant take it.
                Serena:Gankkk(letters on top of her Hat)Ehhh!?

(lol at pikachu face, Pikachu is like " ash still dense sighh -_-)

LOL Ash refusing to accept Serena's cookies? Dense or not, I don't think he'd ever do that. But it's a good fan comics nonetheless.

Anyway, the next episode is a James/Inkay focused episode so I doubt there would be much hints in that episode.

Last edited by matthew11 on Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:06 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : I am the almighty Spelling Nazi!)
    AshSerena

Post by AshSerena Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:31 am

PokemonTrainerY wrote:
    LOL Ash refusing to take Serena's cookies? Dense or not, I don't think he'd ever do that. But it's good nevertheless.

Anyway, the next episode is a James/Inkay focused episode so I doubt there would be much hints in that episode.

Well it's just comical anyway, not really official.
    You're right , but still it's worth to watch it even without expecting (maybe there's at least 1 hint to show though Razz)

Last edited by matthew11 on Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Again, I am the almighty Grammar and Spelling Nazi!)
    pokesrini
    pokesrini
    Admin
    Admin

Post by pokesrini Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:41 am

I'll agree. That thing we saw in the preview is probably the only shippy moment that we'll see in the whole episode..writers' hint. But still, it is a wonderful episode. Even if one were to look at only the animation of the stuff. And I think there's a reference to the owners of the Malamar..or at least the masterminds. By the way..what has that cloaked Officer Jenny got to do with that Malamar? I find it hard to believe that a Jenny knowingly went the wrong way of the law and decided to end up doing something so evil.
    Blood Red
    Blood Red

Post by Blood Red Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:03 am

pokesrini wrote:I'll agree. That thing we saw in the preview is probably the only shippy moment that we'll see in the whole episode..writers' hint. But still, it is a wonderful episode. Even if one were to look at only the animation of the stuff. And I think there's a reference to the owners of the Malamar..or at least the masterminds. By the way..what has that cloaked Officer Jenny got to do with that Malamar? I find it hard to believe that a Jenny knowingly went the wrong way of the law and decided to end up doing something so evil.

Yeah, but even a writer's hint would be pretty good. After all, at least we have hints now Very Happy

She's probably investigating.
    Coconutty
    Coconutty

Post by Coconutty Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:01 pm

Hiya, everybody! Same old Coconutty here. I've been busy-ish the past couple of days, which is why I'm only just now getting the chance to post. But yeah, I'm glad to be back Smile
    (Meta off-topic side note: Are we going to go back to Serebii's thread once the new one is made, or do we like the freedom here, or...?)

Anyway, oh my god, XY053. I loved it even without understanding what they were saying Razz There were a few great moments, but my absolute favorite was when Serena covered Ash's mouth and he looked up at her and mumbled the rest of his sentence into her hand xD funny AND shippy, gotta love it!

That preview is driving me crazy. It's impossible to tell whether Ash is actually pushing Serena or if his hand just ended up looking like it. Grr.
    pokesrini
    pokesrini
    Admin
    Admin

Post by pokesrini Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:58 pm

Coconutty wrote:Hiya, everybody! Same old Coconutty here. I've been busy-ish the past couple of days, which is why I'm only just now getting the chance to post. But yeah, I'm glad to be back Smile
    (Meta off-topic side note: Are we going to go back to Serebii's thread once the new one is made, or do we like the freedom here, or...?)

Anyway, oh my god, XY053. I loved it even without understanding what they were saying Razz There were a few great moments, but my absolute favorite was when Serena covered Ash's mouth and he looked up at her and mumbled the rest of his sentence into her hand xD funny AND shippy, gotta love it!

That preview is driving me crazy. It's impossible to tell whether Ash is actually pushing Serena or if his hand just ended up looking like it. Grr.

Hey Coconutty! Welcome aboard SS Amour. Very Happy As to your question, it is up to you. Here's the thing. The mods there seem to be in no hurry to open a new thread for amour. Moreover it will be run by xEryChan, who is a PearlShipper, and the same mod who closed our thread. She is also one who thinks that AmourShippers are immature and stupid. We cannot freely discuss or speculate much there. So for those who want to go back..you may- provided you can put up with the pessimism and arrogance of the OtherShippers who will take over the thread over there. As for me, I would always prefer to stay here. But if needs be, I might have to go back. Although I won't really be very active.

LOL I know right? Serena covering Ash's mouth was really cute. And Serena blushing when Ash complimented her for teaching him Rhyhorn racing was too. She also quoted their motto, "Never give up til' its over" twice. I think overall that episode had shippy hints. We got what we wanted basically; although grace didn't really tease the two. But that's alright.

As for me, I think I'll just call it as a writers' hint and leave it there :p As it is, I expected absolutely nothing from that episode concerning Amour. So even something small is fine.
    Setsuna F Seiei
    Setsuna F Seiei
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Setsuna F Seiei Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:17 am

I just sent PK a PM asking to join this thread. Hopefully he does.

Anyway, moving on. Yeah, I see no hints next week but hey, it's Jame's moment to shine again. He's really a great character. Meowth is fine whenever he gets his own episode as well and as for Jessie.... Ughh Don't get me started with her. She's one of the most annoying characters in the show, at least for me... =3=

*cough*
    Aside from the obvious date episode, I see potentials in the Goomy episodes. Probably a lot of "writers' hints" but I'd be satisfied with that.
    PotSmuggle
    PotSmuggle
    Lord Kinniekins
    Lord Kinniekins

Favorite Pokemon : Delphox

Post by PotSmuggle Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:52 am

pokesrini wrote:
    Coconutty wrote:Hiya, everybody! Same old Coconutty here. I've been busy-ish the past couple of days, which is why I'm only just now getting the chance to post. But yeah, I'm glad to be back Smile

Hey Coconutty! Welcome aboard SS Amour. Very Happy As to your question, it is up to you. Here's the thing. The mods there seem to be in no hurry to open a new thread for amour. Moreover it will be run by xEryChan, who is a PearlShipper, and the same mod who closed our thread. She is also one who thinks that AmourShippers are immature and stupid. We cannot freely discuss or speculate much there. So for those who want to go back..you may- provided you can put up with the pessimism and arrogance of the OtherShippers who will take over the thread over there. As for me, I would always prefer to stay here. But if needs be, I might have to go back. Although I won't really be very active.

LOL I know right? Serena covering Ash's mouth was really cute. And Serena blushing when Ash complimented her for teaching him Rhyhorn racing was too. She also quoted their motto, "Never give up til' its over" twice. I think overall that episode had shippy hints. We got what we wanted basically; although grace didn't really tease the two. But that's alright.

As for me, I think I'll just call it as a writers' hint and leave it there :p As it is, I expected absolutely nothing from that episode concerning Amour. So even something small is fine.

I'm going to be lurking and occasionally posting on the other thread, but I'm going to be much more active over here because I got to work on our website and that big infraction I got doesn't make me feel like I'm welcome there any more. I'm curious to know how things will be going over there so I'll be lurking that wasteland.

Setsuna F Seiei wrote:I just sent PK a PM asking to join this thread. Hopefully he does.

Anyway, moving on. Yeah, I see no hints next week but hey, it's Jame's moment to shine again. He's really a great character. Meowth is fine whenever he gets his own episode as well and as for Jessie.... Ughh Don't get me started with her. She's one of the most annoying characters in the show, at least for me... =3=

*cough*
    Aside from the obvious date episode, I see potentials in the Goomy episodes. Probably a lot of "writers' hints" but I'd be satisfied with that.

I hope PK joins, we really need him over here.

Anyway back on topic, do you guys think that Ash will win his gym battle against Ramos because of Serena? Also, do you think that Ash will thank Serena for her help in the Fabled Episode (which takes after the Gym battle)? That's what I'm hoping for in terms of hints when those episodes are released.
    Blood Red
    Blood Red

Post by Blood Red Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:56 am

pokesrini wrote:

Welcome aboard the S.S. Amour, Coconutty! It's great to have you here. As for this place vs Serebii, I'll still stay active on the site (the community is fantastic) but I think I'll stick to this site if I want to discuss Amour. Not just because we have more freedom here, but because I don't know what got the previous thread closed and I'd hate to see the new one suffer the same fate. Plus, it's going to be harder to post there, since we're a joke on Serebii nowadays :/ Yeah, that scene was pretty nice Very Happy

@pokesrini Dude, xEryChan isn't bad, and the mod you're talking about is Sushi XD BTW someone tried to start another unofficial Amour thread. It was probably a troll move, so that the new thread gets delayed even further. At this rate, I doubt we'll ever get a new thread at all :/

@Setsuna I hope he joins, though I wouldn't bet on it.
    Pokévision
    Pokévision

Favorite Pokemon : Braixen

Post by Pokévision Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:05 am

Welcome aboard Coconutty! Glad to have you here - the more the merrier!

For Amour discussions I think I'm going to stick here. The manner in which the rug got pulled under us with no warning is enough to explain. And the manner in which they changed the fan-fiction forum rules without informing anyone...

PotSmuggle wrote:
    I'm going to be lurking and occasionally posting on the other thread, but I'm going to be much more active over here because I got to work on our website and that big infraction I got doesn't make me feel like I'm welcome there any more. I'm curious to know how things will be going over there so I'll be lurking that wasteland.

Setsuna F Seiei wrote:I just sent PK a PM asking to join this thread. Hopefully he does.

*cough*

I hope PK joins, we really need him over here.

Anyway back on topic, do you guys think that Ash will win his gym battle against Ramos because of Serena? Also, do you think that Ash will thank Serena for her help in the Fabled Episode (which takes after the Gym battle)? That's what I'm hoping for in terms of hints when those episodes are released.

Yea, I'll lurk the wasteland if it's ever set up...but now we got this safe haven.

PK is much needed for sure. Let's hope Setsuna F Seiei is successful in summoning PK.

Serena has helped Ash in all his previous gym battles so I see no reason for her to stop. Ash will be at a type disadvantage with Frogadier so I think he will only be able to overcome this disadvantage with some emotional support from Serena. And since the date episode is directly after, there is a good chance that Ash will thank Serena for her help - however, Ash should definitely thank Serena immediately after the gym battle.

Blood Red wrote:
    @pokesrini Dude, xEryChan isn't bad, and the mod you're talking about is Sushi XD BTW someone tried to start another unofficial Amour thread. It was probably a troll move, so that the new thread gets delayed even further. At this rate, I doubt we'll ever get a new thread at all :/

I don't think it'll be delayed even further because the mods should be aware that actions like this might happen (this is assuming that this is in fact a troll move).
    Amour256
    Amour256
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Amour256 Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:42 am

Welcome aboard Very Happy As for me, I'll be staying in here and just spectate Serebii from the shadows and make an entry ONLY if its needed. Otherwise, its no. There was no reason to shut down that thread. The reason given was we were being overly dramatic and off topic. If the mods want people to always be on topic and not even express their joy or sorrow or some disappointment over the ship then that is wrong! It is a community and the people have a right to express what they feel or what they want, freely. Virtual or reality, rights still prevail. Not allowing people to do that is basically supressing their freedom and some amount of 'off-topic' posts are okay!

Anyway, yes XY053 was a very good episode indeed XD Serena keeps her hand over Ash's mouth(drove me nuts! O was practically jumping here and there XD) and the motto was brought up two times! Also Serena's blush....we got hints despite it not being a shippy episode Very Happy Amourissoamazing XD

As for the next episode, I expect some minor hints or will it be better to call them, 'writer's hints'? But we just cannot completely discard the hints card for sure since we seem to get hints even in a non shippy episode!
    Setsuna F Seiei
    Setsuna F Seiei
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Setsuna F Seiei Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:04 am

Amour256 wrote:Welcome aboard Very Happy As for me, I'll be staying in here and just spectate Serebii from the shadows and make an entry ONLY if its needed. Otherwise, its no. There was no reason to shut down that thread. The reason given was we were being overly dramatic and off topic. If the mods want people to always be on topic and not even express their joy or sorrow or some disappointment over the ship then that is wrong! It is a community and the people have a right to express what they feel or what they want, freely. Virtual or reality, rights still prevail. Not allowing people to do that is basically supressing their freedom and some amount of 'off-topic' posts are okay!

Anyway, yes XY053 was a very good episode indeed XD Serena keeps her hand over Ash's mouth(drove me nuts! O was practically jumping here and there XD) and the motto was brought up two times! Also Serena's blush....we got hints despite it not being a shippy episode Very Happy Amourissoamazing XD

As for the next episode, I expect some minor hints or will it be better to call them, 'writer's hints'? But we just cannot completely discard the hints card for sure since we seem to get hints even in a non shippy episode!

Sorry but I have to take the side of the mods here. There's a reason why rules were created, and that's to avoid disaster and keep the system from flowing. What we did back then was indeed a terrible disaster, we're not abiding to the rules. Yes, we have the freedom to express our own opinion but we went too far. The Mods kept telling us that if we want to express opinions that's not related to the topic, there's always a separate thread for that. Amours' topic should be about Ash and Serena's romantic relationship, not battles, individual goals and many others that does not contribute to the shipping itself. If you go to the 1st page, The rules are clearly stated. We've created a massive thread that surpassed opposing ships but alas, the thread had fallen.
    I am extremely disappointed to be honest. I love that thread but we went too far to the point that we have angered the mods. We have the freedom to express those opinions but remember that we weren't the ones running the thread. The Mods are the law there.

Well at least we have our own safe haven here. Hopefully we can have this running as wild as the one in Serebii. We just need to invite other fellow amourshippers from Serebii. I'm pretty sure they are also sadden about the disappearance of the thread. A mod may have said that she/he will have a new one for us but I highly doubt it.

Anyway, enough of that drama. Here's a little scenario.
    Ash and his friends were preparing for a christmas party. Clemont and Bonnie were busy hanging up some decors while Ash was busy with the lights. Serena was preparing to decorate the chirstmas tree when suddenly, she picked up a mistletoe. Serena suddenly blushed, having thought about "kissing under the mistletoe". Out of nowhere, Ash was behind her asking for help. To be continued.....

What happens next? You decide from here.
    ScienceIsSoAmazing
    ScienceIsSoAmazing

Post by ScienceIsSoAmazing Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:16 am

Setsuna F Seiei wrote:Sorry but I have to take the side of the mods here. There's a reason why rules were created, and that's to avoid disaster and keep the system from flowing. What we did back then was indeed a terrible disaster, we're not abiding to the rules. Yes, we have the freedom to express our own opinion but we went too far. The Mods kept telling us that if we want to express opinions that's not related to the topic, there's always a separate thread for that. Amours' topic should be about Ash and Serena's romantic relationship, not battles, individual goals and many others that does not contribute to the shipping itself. If you go to the 1st page, The rules are clearly stated. We've created a massive thread that surpassed opposing ships but alas, the thread had fallen.
    I am extremely disappointed to be honest. I love that thread but we went too far to the point that we have angered the mods. We have the freedom to express those opinions but remember that we weren't the ones running the thread. The Mods are the law there.

Well at least we have our own safe haven here. Hopefully we can have this running as wild as the one in Serebii. We just need to invite other fellow amourshippers from Serebii. I'm pretty sure they are also sadden about the disappearance of the thread. A mod may have said that she/he will have a new one for us but I highly doubt it.

I have to agree with Setsuna here. While Sushi's criticism of how things were going on the Amour thread was very blunt (too much so, in my view), the simple fact of the matter is that the Amour thread had steadily deteriorated in quality, especially ever since people became so steadfastly focused on hitting 1,000 pages. Yes, while I thought initially it'd be cool to hit 1,000 pages, it lost its appeal to me eventually because it was a philosophy that embraced quantity of posts over quality. In addition to struggling with an increasingly grueling work schedule (I work in communications/writing as a contractor, and people in this line of work in general aren't paid well, so at times I need to work very long hours), I found myself struggling to keep up with the Amour thread because I had to wade through a sea of new posts each day, many of which seemed to repeat the same things over and over again and/or go off on random tangents about non-Amour things (or non-Pokemon things entirely). Some users were responding to most or all of the posts that had been written since the last time they had previously logged in; many times, these responses consisted of a series of one-liners strung together. Other times two or three users would spend multiple pages replying to each other with one- or two-liners. Add to that some one-liners from new users (not something we could control, obviously) and the occasional spam post from someone a**hats who were trying to mock/troll Blood Red (each of those posts got deleted quickly, thank goodness), and you can kind of see what it all adds up to. I'm obviously bummed that the original thread got shut down, but I can't say that I think the decision wasn't at least partially justified.

Don't get me wrong: I have no grudges and mean no offence toward anyone here. And there's no one to blame here (I don't even think "blame" is the right word). It was just a perfect storm of things that happened to happen all at once, the collective summation of a bunch of individual actions that were by themselves never intended to do any harm. Nobody meant for this to happen. But it did, and we all need to learn from that experience and use what we have learned to make this new thread a better one. While we obviously don't have to abide by Serebii's posting rules, I really hope we can at least try to keep the conversation here more focused and less repetitive. One way we can reduce the amount of repetitive posting is to cut back (not eliminate, of course) responding just to say we agree with what the other person is saying with slightly different wording; maybe responding more if there is an additional aspect of the subject that the person missed, or something novel to add. And I really hope we can avoid getting caught up in the number of pages or posts that we rack up. I'd rather that we have 100-200 pages of very thoughtfully written, informative posts than 1,000 pages of really short posts with tons of repetitive back-and-forths with one another, if that makes sense. I'm not saying we should have Serebii rules by-the-books, just thinking we can at least do a few things differently to make our community a better one.

But moving on from that...

pokesrini wrote:Well..that's what makes it "fabled" doesn't it? 15+ years of Pokemon, and this is the first episode to even speak of it. That's a huge deal imo. Frankly I think we have watered down our expectations far enough; and now we are all being borderline pessimistic. It includes me. I happened to stumble upon some other site and YouTube. Practically no one expects the episode to go in the wrong direction. In fact, the general sentiment is that this can be considered as confirmation of AmourShipping. Of course that is over-optimistic. But it made me realize that we are unnecessarily worrying ourselves.

Of course. A shippy writer doesn't have to mean (major) shippy hints. But even if not, I think I'll be satisfied. I was one of those expecting nothing out of XY054 in terms of Amour..so anything will be like handing over the moon.

Perhaps. But there are many who do. In fact, that is one of the big points given by PokeShippers.

Again, the reason why I'm withholding judgment on what to expect is the absence of information besides one word: "date." Yes, the word is unprecedented, but basing our expectations of the entire episode on that alone seems to me like judging a book by its title or cover. I do obviously hope this episode will go well from an Amour standpoint, and I'm inclined to think it will, but I'm certainly not ruling out the other possibilities just yet.

I don't agree that nobody thinks the episode will go the wrong direction. There are a lot of people out there (a lot, but not all of them, being non-Amourshippers) who seem convinced that this will just be a day of friendly hanging out for Ash and Serena (you should see the XY059 discussion thread on Serebii). And while I think this episode could be a great thing for the ship, saying that it's confirmation of Amourshipping becoming canon is indeed over-optimistic, as you note.

pokesrini wrote:Sure we haven't got a description. But somehow..the description is oddly specific when it says, "Ash and Serena go shopping all by themselves to buy presents for their Pokemon" Besides, it isn't everyday that we get a title, "Ash and .... First Date" And since we haven't ever got it, it means we have never been disappointed before. So I thought why not give them a chance here?

But then, each one to his/her own.

Btw..you all say "description". What description is that? Do we usually get any descriptions more than a line or two before the preview shows up at the end of the episode before it? I don't know..that's why I'm asking. Because the way I know things run, the descriptions are never longer than two lines long, and they never give away details of the point of the episode anyway. Like even XY052. It was just written that, "something happens to Froakie" or, "Froakie starts glowing" or something like that. Yet we knew. Same for the Goomy episodes if I remember right? Didn't it just introduce Goomy as a Pokemon that wants to be stronger? Do correct me if I'm wrong

Usually at least one or two summaries with a bit more detail come out for each episode. The one we have so far is very, very sparse on information. I think we'll have a little more clarity on this episode once we get a more detailed summary. Dephender translates additional episode summaries as he hears about them. My guess is we will get at least one more detailed summary sometime in January. Don't expect it to offer a full synopsis, obviously, but it might be two or three sentences with at least some additional details.

One thing I've noticed: XY059 has received surprisingly little promotion outside of getting that little screencap and episode title in the recent magazine scan. A lot of the other episodes got their own dedicated pages, but not this one. Perhaps the writers figure that having the word "date" is hype enough and no additional promo is needed, at least for now? Maybe promoting it too much now will prevent them from hyping it more later? As you noted it's a unique episode for this series, so perhaps releasing any more details on it wouldn't help matters, whereas with things like gym battles and goals, releasing more info on them now doesn't spoil anything because we expect those things to happen.

Additionally, this year's New Year's special is coming up, and it will offer a preview of the coming year in terms of plot and character development. Some key points raised in a teaser for this special episode, according to Dephender:

"In this program, we'll detail the principal points of future plot directions, like the development of Serena's dream. Don't miss this slightly early New Year's Gift."

Another summary, again translation by Dephender: "In this special, we'll show the intense battle scenes you all loved so much! In addition, we have a grand showcase for those of you intrigued about the future episodes! Ash and Clemont's promised battle...Serena's first entry in a Tripokalon...Make sure to watch if you're interested in next year's 'Pocket Monsters XY' episodes!"

One thing to notice here is that there's no mention of XY059 at all in these teasers. This could be for any number of reasons: The very idea of the date is so novel that the writers don't want anything about this episode slipping out just yet (as I mentioned above, could the writers want to save the hype and not spoil anything?). Or it means that the shipping stuff is not that central to the plot (at least for now, anyway; the most important/climactic shipping stuff, as others have said, tends to be saved for the end of a series). Or maybe the writers just didn't have room to make a brief mention to every single episode in the teasers, and only a select few made it in there. This is just something to bear in mind. I don't know whether the special episode will make any mention of XY059. But if pK happens to see it and he also happens to join our new thread, I hope that he can translate any Amour references for us. Very Happy

matthew11 wrote:As a matter of fact, this ep is still lacking description until it's very near. So I'd suggest that we turn our enthusiasm down... for WHAT! dun dun dununun dun dun dununun.

All I can say is, I never thought I'd see the day when we'd find a way to have Pokemon and Lil' Jon in the same forum...

Last edited by ScienceIsSoAmazing on Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:40 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Made some tweaks, clarified a few points)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:46 am