Welcome aboard the S.S. Amour! These forums are for anyone who wish to discuss AmourShipping (SatoSere) or any other ships and to chat with the community.


AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Blood Red
Blood Red
...
...

Favorite Pokemon : Charizard
Posts : 506
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2014-12-18
Location : Mt. Silver

AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS] - Page 7 Empty Re: AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Post by Blood Red on Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:24 am

@Setsuna F Seiei wrote:
Sorry but I have to take the side of the mods here. There's a reason why rules were created, and that's to avoid disaster and keep the system from flowing. What we did back then was indeed a terrible disaster, we're not abiding to the rules. Yes, we have the freedom to express our own opinion but we went too far. The Mods kept telling us that if we want to express opinions that's not related to the topic, there's always a separate thread for that. Amours' topic should be about Ash and Serena's romantic relationship, not battles, individual goals and many others that does not contribute to the shipping itself. If you go to the 1st page, The rules are clearly stated. We've created a massive thread that surpassed opposing ships but alas, the thread had fallen.
I am extremely disappointed to be honest. I love that thread but we went too far to the point that we have angered the mods. We have the freedom to express those opinions but remember that we weren't the ones running the thread. The Mods are the law there.

Well at least we have our own safe haven here. Hopefully we can have this running as wild as the one in Serebii. We just need to invite other fellow amourshippers from Serebii. I'm pretty sure they are also sadden about the disappearance of the thread. A mod may have said that she/he will have a new one for us but I highly doubt it.

Anyway, enough of that drama. Here's a little scenario.
Ash and his friends were preparing for a christmas party. Clemont and Bonnie were busy hanging up some decors while Ash was busy with the lights. Serena was preparing to decorate the chirstmas tree when suddenly, she picked up a mistletoe. Serena suddenly blushed, having thought about "kissing under the mistletoe". Out of nowhere, Ash was behind her asking for help. To be continued.....

What happens next? You decide from here.

Let's not discuss the thread here, or we'll eventually start arguing amongst ourselves. Asking if we should stick to this site or Serebii is fine, but arguing over it is unnecessary and woefully off-topic. As it is, I'll have to agree with ScienceIsSoAmazing on this. We turned 'Mission 1000' into a game and shot ourselves in the foot. It was even worse for shippers who came infrequently, since they were left with humungous amounts of posts to sift through. At the end of the day, what matters is that the thread was closed and that we are here. Also, we can make a thread for this in the 'Off-topic discussions' area, but it is unnecessary here and any further arguments will be edited out of the post.

@Setsuna The new thread will be up, no matter when it happens. Amour is big and I doubt it'll be ignored like this.

Okay, this sounds like fun Very Happy

Serena turned around and hid the mistletoe behind her back. She wanted to place it above their heads and steal a kiss from Ash, but she knew it would be wrong to trick him into something he doesn't want...

@SISA: They're probably trying to keep it under wraps. After all, this may be an all new direction for the series. As such, hiding it makes sense...and makes me a bit more optimistic as well Very Happy


Last edited by Blood Red on Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : A case of mistaken identities)



AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS] - Page 7 Tumblr_n0qzszpUvq1s4cujlo1_500

"Get chance and luck!"
matthew11
matthew11
Moderator
Moderator

Favorite Pokemon : Missingno
Posts : 328
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2014-12-18
Age : 22
Location : Bodying someone

AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS] - Page 7 Empty Re: AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Post by matthew11 on Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:08 am

@ScienceIsSoAmazing wrote:
@Setsuna F Seiei wrote:Sorry but I have to take the side of the mods here. There's a reason why rules were created, and that's to avoid disaster and keep the system from flowing. What we did back then was indeed a terrible disaster, we're not abiding to the rules. Yes, we have the freedom to express our own opinion but we went too far. The Mods kept telling us that if we want to express opinions that's not related to the topic, there's always a separate thread for that. Amours' topic should be about Ash and Serena's romantic relationship, not battles, individual goals and many others that does not contribute to the shipping itself. If you go to the 1st page, The rules are clearly stated. We've created a massive thread that surpassed opposing ships but alas, the thread had fallen.
I am extremely disappointed to be honest. I love that thread but we went too far to the point that we have angered the mods. We have the freedom to express those opinions but remember that we weren't the ones running the thread. The Mods are the law there.

Well at least we have our own safe haven here. Hopefully we can have this running as wild as the one in Serebii. We just need to invite other fellow amourshippers from Serebii. I'm pretty sure they are also sadden about the disappearance of the thread. A mod may have said that she/he will have a new one for us but I highly doubt it.

I have to agree with Setsuna here. While Sushi's criticism of how things were going on the Amour thread was very blunt (too much so, in my view), the simple fact of the matter is that the Amour thread had steadily deteriorated in quality, especially ever since people became so steadfastly focused on hitting 1,000 pages. Yes, while I thought initially it'd be cool to hit 1,000 pages, it lost its appeal to me eventually because it was a philosophy that embraced quantity of posts over quality. In addition to struggling with an increasingly grueling work schedule (I work in communications/writing as a contractor, and people in this line of work in general aren't paid well, so at times I need to work very long hours), I found myself struggling to keep up with the Amour thread because I had to wade through a sea of new posts each day, many of which seemed to repeat the same things over and over again and/or go off on random tangents about non-Amour things (or non-Pokemon things entirely). Some users were responding to most or all of the posts that had been written since the last time they had previously logged in; many times, these responses consisted of a series of one-liners strung together. Other times two or three users would spend multiple pages replying to each other with one- or two-liners. Add to that some one-liners from new users (not something we could control, obviously) and the occasional spam post from someone a**hats who were trying to mock/troll Blood Red (each of those posts got deleted quickly, thank goodness), and you can kind of see what it all adds up to. I'm obviously bummed that the original thread got shut down, but I can't say that I think the decision wasn't at least partially justified.

Don't get me wrong: I have no grudges and mean no offence toward anyone here. And there's no one to blame here (I don't even think "blame" is the right word). It was just a perfect storm of things that happened to happen all at once, the collective summation of a bunch of individual actions that were by themselves never intended to do any harm. Nobody meant for this to happen. But it did, and we all need to learn from that experience and use what we have learned to make this new thread a better one. While we obviously don't have to abide by Serebii's posting rules, I really hope we can at least try to keep the conversation here more focused and less repetitive. One way we can reduce the amount of repetitive posting is to cut back (not eliminate, of course) responding just to say we agree with what the other person is saying with slightly different wording; maybe responding more if there is an additional aspect of the subject that the person missed, or something novel to add. And I really hope we can avoid getting caught up in the number of pages or posts that we rack up. I'd rather that we have 100-200 pages of very thoughtfully written, informative posts than 1,000 pages of really short posts with tons of repetitive back-and-forths with one another, if that makes sense. I'm not saying we should have Serebii rules by-the-books, just thinking we can at least do a few things differently to make our community a better one.

But moving on from that...

@Setsuna F Seiei wrote:
@Amour256 wrote:Welcome aboard Very Happy As for me, I'll be staying in here and just spectate Serebii from the shadows and make an entry ONLY if its needed. Otherwise, its no. There was no reason to shut down that thread. The reason given was we were being overly dramatic and off topic. If the mods want people to always be on topic and not even express their joy or sorrow or some disappointment over the ship then that is wrong! It is a community and the people have a right to express what they feel or what they want, freely. Virtual or reality, rights still prevail. Not allowing people to do that is basically supressing their freedom and some amount of 'off-topic' posts are okay!

Anyway, yes XY053 was a very good episode indeed XD Serena keeps her hand over Ash's mouth(drove me nuts! O was practically jumping here and there XD) and the motto was brought up two times! Also Serena's blush....we got hints despite it not being a shippy episode Very Happy Amourissoamazing XD

As for the next episode, I expect some minor hints or will it be better to call them, 'writer's hints'? But we just cannot completely discard the hints card for sure since we seem to get hints even in a non shippy episode!

Sorry but I have to take the side of the mods here. There's a reason why rules were created, and that's to avoid disaster and keep the system from flowing. What we did back then was indeed a terrible disaster, we're not abiding to the rules. Yes, we have the freedom to express our own opinion but we went too far. The Mods kept telling us that if we want to express opinions that's not related to the topic, there's always a separate thread for that. Amours' topic should be about Ash and Serena's romantic relationship, not battles, individual goals and many others that does not contribute to the shipping itself. If you go to the 1st page, The rules are clearly stated. We've created a massive thread that surpassed opposing ships but alas, the thread had fallen.
I am extremely disappointed to be honest. I love that thread but we went too far to the point that we have angered the mods. We have the freedom to express those opinions but remember that we weren't the ones running the thread. The Mods are the law there.

Well at least we have our own safe haven here. Hopefully we can have this running as wild as the one in Serebii. We just need to invite other fellow amourshippers from Serebii. I'm pretty sure they are also sadden about the disappearance of the thread. A mod may have said that she/he will have a new one for us but I highly doubt it.

Anyway, enough of that drama. Here's a little scenario.
Ash and his friends were preparing for a christmas party. Clemont and Bonnie were busy hanging up some decors while Ash was busy with the lights. Serena was preparing to decorate the chirstmas tree when suddenly, she picked up a mistletoe. Serena suddenly blushed, having thought about "kissing under the mistletoe". Out of nowhere, Ash was behind her asking for help. To be continued.....

What happens next? You decide from here.

Ok. I'm not liking the discussions here! (Sushi voice) Lol kidding. Ok, to dismiss this dramatic topic, I will say a few things about our current situation.

Ok, the reason, no, the cause of our so-called disaster is simply from this insane amount of spams. And those who slowly started spamming became too brave to even think of what they were doing. Others (including me) had to jump in to the conversation so that we wouldn't be left out. And because of that, we had to spam too. I already realized this from the start, but I just had to join the conversation as well because of the reason I stated in the last sentence. I didn't have the guts to warn all of you, you know. And I'm really sorry if I had caused someone here much pain from this post, but I just had to lift this from my chest. If that's not enough, here's a potential hint that may occur in the series:

AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS] - Page 7 Commission8_by_patori_san-d7tweo3

Credits to Patori-san from Deviantart
Source
Blood Red
Blood Red
...
...

Favorite Pokemon : Charizard
Posts : 506
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2014-12-18
Location : Mt. Silver

AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS] - Page 7 Empty Re: AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Post by Blood Red on Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:13 am

@matthew11 wrote:
@ScienceIsSoAmazing wrote:
@Setsuna F Seiei wrote:Sorry but I have to take the side of the mods here. There's a reason why rules were created, and that's to avoid disaster and keep the system from flowing. What we did back then was indeed a terrible disaster, we're not abiding to the rules. Yes, we have the freedom to express our own opinion but we went too far. The Mods kept telling us that if we want to express opinions that's not related to the topic, there's always a separate thread for that. Amours' topic should be about Ash and Serena's romantic relationship, not battles, individual goals and many others that does not contribute to the shipping itself. If you go to the 1st page, The rules are clearly stated. We've created a massive thread that surpassed opposing ships but alas, the thread had fallen.
I am extremely disappointed to be honest. I love that thread but we went too far to the point that we have angered the mods. We have the freedom to express those opinions but remember that we weren't the ones running the thread. The Mods are the law there.

Well at least we have our own safe haven here. Hopefully we can have this running as wild as the one in Serebii. We just need to invite other fellow amourshippers from Serebii. I'm pretty sure they are also sadden about the disappearance of the thread. A mod may have said that she/he will have a new one for us but I highly doubt it.

I have to agree with Setsuna here. While Sushi's criticism of how things were going on the Amour thread was very blunt (too much so, in my view), the simple fact of the matter is that the Amour thread had steadily deteriorated in quality, especially ever since people became so steadfastly focused on hitting 1,000 pages. Yes, while I thought initially it'd be cool to hit 1,000 pages, it lost its appeal to me eventually because it was a philosophy that embraced quantity of posts over quality. In addition to struggling with an increasingly grueling work schedule (I work in communications/writing as a contractor, and people in this line of work in general aren't paid well, so at times I need to work very long hours), I found myself struggling to keep up with the Amour thread because I had to wade through a sea of new posts each day, many of which seemed to repeat the same things over and over again and/or go off on random tangents about non-Amour things (or non-Pokemon things entirely). Some users were responding to most or all of the posts that had been written since the last time they had previously logged in; many times, these responses consisted of a series of one-liners strung together. Other times two or three users would spend multiple pages replying to each other with one- or two-liners. Add to that some one-liners from new users (not something we could control, obviously) and the occasional spam post from someone a**hats who were trying to mock/troll Blood Red (each of those posts got deleted quickly, thank goodness), and you can kind of see what it all adds up to. I'm obviously bummed that the original thread got shut down, but I can't say that I think the decision wasn't at least partially justified.

Don't get me wrong: I have no grudges and mean no offence toward anyone here. And there's no one to blame here (I don't even think "blame" is the right word). It was just a perfect storm of things that happened to happen all at once, the collective summation of a bunch of individual actions that were by themselves never intended to do any harm. Nobody meant for this to happen. But it did, and we all need to learn from that experience and use what we have learned to make this new thread a better one. While we obviously don't have to abide by Serebii's posting rules, I really hope we can at least try to keep the conversation here more focused and less repetitive. One way we can reduce the amount of repetitive posting is to cut back (not eliminate, of course) responding just to say we agree with what the other person is saying with slightly different wording; maybe responding more if there is an additional aspect of the subject that the person missed, or something novel to add. And I really hope we can avoid getting caught up in the number of pages or posts that we rack up. I'd rather that we have 100-200 pages of very thoughtfully written, informative posts than 1,000 pages of really short posts with tons of repetitive back-and-forths with one another, if that makes sense. I'm not saying we should have Serebii rules by-the-books, just thinking we can at least do a few things differently to make our community a better one.

But moving on from that...

@Setsuna F Seiei wrote:
@Amour256 wrote:Welcome aboard Very Happy As for me, I'll be staying in here and just spectate Serebii from the shadows and make an entry ONLY if its needed. Otherwise, its no. There was no reason to shut down that thread. The reason given was we were being overly dramatic and off topic. If the mods want people to always be on topic and not even express their joy or sorrow or some disappointment over the ship then that is wrong! It is a community and the people have a right to express what they feel or what they want, freely. Virtual or reality, rights still prevail. Not allowing people to do that is basically supressing their freedom and some amount of 'off-topic' posts are okay!

Anyway, yes XY053 was a very good episode indeed XD Serena keeps her hand over Ash's mouth(drove me nuts! O was practically jumping here and there XD) and the motto was brought up two times! Also Serena's blush....we got hints despite it not being a shippy episode Very Happy Amourissoamazing XD

As for the next episode, I expect some minor hints or will it be better to call them, 'writer's hints'? But we just cannot completely discard the hints card for sure since we seem to get hints even in a non shippy episode!

Sorry but I have to take the side of the mods here. There's a reason why rules were created, and that's to avoid disaster and keep the system from flowing. What we did back then was indeed a terrible disaster, we're not abiding to the rules. Yes, we have the freedom to express our own opinion but we went too far. The Mods kept telling us that if we want to express opinions that's not related to the topic, there's always a separate thread for that. Amours' topic should be about Ash and Serena's romantic relationship, not battles, individual goals and many others that does not contribute to the shipping itself. If you go to the 1st page, The rules are clearly stated. We've created a massive thread that surpassed opposing ships but alas, the thread had fallen.
I am extremely disappointed to be honest. I love that thread but we went too far to the point that we have angered the mods. We have the freedom to express those opinions but remember that we weren't the ones running the thread. The Mods are the law there.

Well at least we have our own safe haven here. Hopefully we can have this running as wild as the one in Serebii. We just need to invite other fellow amourshippers from Serebii. I'm pretty sure they are also sadden about the disappearance of the thread. A mod may have said that she/he will have a new one for us but I highly doubt it.

Anyway, enough of that drama. Here's a little scenario.
Ash and his friends were preparing for a christmas party. Clemont and Bonnie were busy hanging up some decors while Ash was busy with the lights. Serena was preparing to decorate the chirstmas tree when suddenly, she picked up a mistletoe. Serena suddenly blushed, having thought about "kissing under the mistletoe". Out of nowhere, Ash was behind her asking for help. To be continued.....

What happens next? You decide from here.

Ok. I'm not liking the discussions here! (Sushi voice) Lol kidding. Ok, to dismiss this dramatic topic, I will say a few things about our current situation.

Ok, the reason, no, the cause of our so-called disaster is simply from this insane amount of spams. And those who slowly started spamming became too brave to even think of what they were doing. Others (including me) had to jump in to the conversation so that we wouldn't be left out. And because of that, we had to spam too. I already realized this from the start, but I just had to join the conversation as well because of the reason I stated in the last sentence. I didn't have the guts to warn all of you, you know. And I'm really sorry if I had caused someone here much pain from this post, but I just had to lift this from my chest. If that's not enough, here's a potential hint that may occur in the series:

AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS] - Page 7 Commission8_by_patori_san-d7tweo3

Credits to Patori-san from Deviantart
Source

LOL pretty sure I'm one of those 'spammers', eh bro? Razz But seriously, you should've just told us to stop, or called a mod on us. The closure of the thread has pretty much turned Amourshippers a joke, and I'd happily take a 3-point infraction over that :/

Yeah, it is possible. Too bad we'll have to wait till about over half the series is already over before we get something like this, since I doubt Ash even knows what's going on between him and Serena right now.



AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS] - Page 7 Tumblr_n0qzszpUvq1s4cujlo1_500

"Get chance and luck!"
pokesrini
pokesrini
Admin
Admin

Posts : 546
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2014-12-18
Location : Kuala Lumpur

AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS] - Page 7 Empty Re: AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Post by pokesrini on Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:43 am

*yawn* "I side with the mods", "I'm sore about the thread being closed", "Too much spam on the quest to Mission 1000"

Ah..there's something interesting! @SISA You have pointed out the lack of references to and information regarding the date episode. I agree, it is good to be rather cautious with expectations. But I'd like to point out to you that the XY059 thread was basically turned into an Amour and Serena bashing thread. I had delved into it myself; and came out of it because I was practically drowned out by OtherShippers who were simply unwilling to change their arguments. That is one of the reasons I am not happy with the mods. There were far too many off-topic discussions there and not a thing was done. Compared to that, our Amour thread had little "spam" as you call it. To me at least, it seemed like though we discussed about stuff like Serena's dream and all, it all eventually led to arguments about what they meant for the future of Amour.

Anyway, point is that the XY059 thread is crawling with OtherShippers. It isn't possible to use that as a yardstick for measuring the expectations about the date episode anymore. Now the lack of information about the date episode could be because they know the kind of shockwaves it has already sent. Ash and Clemont's gym battle for example. We know that it is gonna happen. We just don't know how it happens, or what happens. for that, we have the short preview to give us a little more info.

Similarly Serena's performance. We know she's gonna perform, but what is that Tripokelon? We still don't know. Which is why they fed us a little more. But they know how unique a date episode is. So there's really no need to elaborate it any further. Either that, or they don't want to give away even an ounce more of information; or both.

Amour256 I think the Goomy episodes will have some writers' hints; but nothing more. The first one is a capture episode; so it is Ash focused. the second one seems to be focusing on Dedenne! So it is Bonnie focused! (that's interesting) The Vanillite episode may have a writers' hint or two. Since it suddenly turns cold; maybe Ash could offer Serena his jacket or something? Of course..that's a tad bit optimistic.

Anyway, I have a question to get you guys back on topic and heal the pain a bit (more or less) :p

Do you think XY059 will be an Ash focused or Serena focused episode? What is the implication for the episode if it is focused on your chosen character (that is, in terms of our expectations)?
Amour256
Amour256
Rookie
Rookie

Posts : 69
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2014-12-18
Age : 22
Location : India

AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS] - Page 7 Empty Re: AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Post by Amour256 on Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:12 am

@pokesrini wrote:*yawn* "I side with the mods", "I'm sore about the thread being closed", "Too much spam on the quest to Mission 1000"

Ah..there's something interesting! @SISA You have pointed out the lack of references to and information regarding the date episode. I agree, it is good to be rather cautious with expectations. But I'd like to point out to you that the XY059 thread was basically turned into an Amour and Serena bashing thread. I had delved into it myself; and came out of it because I was practically drowned out by OtherShippers who were simply unwilling to change their arguments. That is one of the reasons I am not happy with the mods. There were far too many off-topic discussions there and not a thing was done. Compared to that, our Amour thread had little "spam" as you call it. To me at least, it seemed like though we discussed about stuff like Serena's dream and all, it all eventually led to arguments about what they meant for the future of Amour.

Anyway, point is that the XY059 thread is crawling with OtherShippers. It isn't possible to use that as a yardstick for measuring the expectations about the date episode anymore. Now the lack of information about the date episode could be because they know the kind of shockwaves it has already sent. Ash and Clemont's gym battle for example. We know that it is gonna happen. We just don't know how it happens, or what happens. for that, we have the short preview to give us a little more info.

Similarly Serena's performance. We know she's gonna perform, but what is that Tripokelon? We still don't know. Which is why they fed us a little more. But they know how unique a date episode is. So there's really no need to elaborate it any further. Either that, or they don't want to give away even an ounce more of information; or both.

Amour256 I think the Goomy episodes will have some writers' hints; but nothing more. The first one is a capture episode; so it is Ash focused. the second one seems to be focusing on Dedenne! So it is Bonnie focused! (that's interesting) The Vanillite episode may have a writers' hint or two. Since it suddenly turns cold; maybe Ash could offer Serena his jacket or something? Of course..that's a tad bit optimistic.

Anyway, I have a question to get you guys back on topic and heal the pain a bit (more or less) :p

Do you think XY059 will be an Ash focused or Serena focused episode? What is the implication for the episode if it is focused on your chosen character (that is, in terms of our expectations)?
I am curious now. I have been hearing about this whole Goomy raffle from you and you've made curious about it XD May I ask what is that special thing in Goomy episode that is gonna help Amour? I am not mocking you or anything like that xD I am just curious since I have been hearing about this Goomy a lot of times from you. Just curiosity Smile Bonnie epsidoe will be fun though XD

Bro! Its Ash Ketchum we are talking about in here. You never know XD He might actually lend his jacket to Serena. We cannot rule this out.

I think it will be a..uhmm....60-40 mix of Serena and Ash. Right now...40 for Ash is a bit too much from my side. If we stretch the possibilities that is. On the account of what it should be....well 80-20 mix of Ash and Serena. Serena has always been giving hints which are concrete in nature. We've got very less concrete hints from Ash. So maybe, it should be Ash's turn now?
pokesrini
pokesrini
Admin
Admin

Posts : 546
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2014-12-18
Location : Kuala Lumpur

AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS] - Page 7 Empty Re: AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Post by pokesrini on Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:29 am

Amour256 I said I expect nothing other than writers' hints bro :p I really don't think there's anything special in terms of Amour in the Goomy episodes. I only said that the fact that XY056 seeming to be a Bonnie focused episode seems interesting. Not in terms of Amour. And yeah..I was one of those people who thought Goomy was trash in the beginning. Then I was proven wrong..so wrong by Goodra Very Happy Ever since, I began to love Goomy.

Well that's the reason I said it! He has helped Serena cross the river, the tree and stuff before..why not right?

Fair enough. So what if it is an Ash focused episode. What are your expectations in that case?
Amour256
Amour256
Rookie
Rookie

Posts : 69
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2014-12-18
Age : 22
Location : India

AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS] - Page 7 Empty Re: AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Post by Amour256 on Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:48 am

@Pokesrini That Bonnie episode sure seems to be interesting for sure XD Writer's hints...we get those in every episode now, don't we? I.dunno anything about Goomy though xD

YEAH! I do hope he lends her his jacket. I agree it will be too much but it is not impossible!

If it is an Ash centred episode, then I expect Ash to take the initiative. I mean something like "Hey Serena, how.about this? Do.you like it? Will my Froakie/Pikachu/Fletchender etc will like it? How about this, Serena? For your Fenniken? Serena....you should go for this dress. You'd look so good in it during your performance in TriPokalon" or "Wow Serena! This dress suits you! You look so good in it!" You know something like this. Of course some moments too. Like....them watching the sunset together or....clicking photographs together and Serena being close to Ash. Give me a goddamn kiss.dammit XD
Blood Red
Blood Red
...
...

Favorite Pokemon : Charizard
Posts : 506
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2014-12-18
Location : Mt. Silver

AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS] - Page 7 Empty Re: AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Post by Blood Red on Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:37 am

@Amour256 wrote:If it is an Ash centred episode, then I expect Ash to take the initiative. I mean something like "Hey Serena, how.about this? Do.you like it? Will my Froakie/Pikachu/Fletchender etc will like it? How about this, Serena? For your Fenniken? Serena....you should go for this dress. You'd look so good in it during your performance in TriPokalon" or "Wow Serena! This dress suits you! You look so good in it!" You know something like this. Of course some moments too. Like....them watching the sunset together or....clicking photographs together and Serena being close to Ash. Give me a goddamn kiss.dammit XD
Woah, slow down! Ash telling Serena to buy a dress because it'll look good on her sounds a bit unrealistic, doesn't it? As for that 'photographs' thing...I haven't seen many of them in the series, so I seriously doubt we'd see one here. 

As for me, an Ash-centrc episode could hint at some development for Ash's character. A Serena-centric episode would mean that it'll focus on her character more, but may still have a moment that could make Ash's Armor crack.



AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS] - Page 7 Tumblr_n0qzszpUvq1s4cujlo1_500

"Get chance and luck!"
Amour256
Amour256
Rookie
Rookie

Posts : 69
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2014-12-18
Age : 22
Location : India

AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS] - Page 7 Empty Re: AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Post by Amour256 on Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:07 pm

@Blood Red Uhmmmm.....I guess no. Because seeing Ash's denseness, only he can say something like that and still it'd confuse the Serena whether he means it romantically or its just a genuine compliment. Sure if Ash had a crush on Serena, it'd seem romantic! But it can basically be a hint that Ash likes Serena as well. Probably its just me but....leave it anyways XD Photographs or anything, I don't know but that sunset thing can happen though.

I'd expect some hints from Ash's side if it is an Ash centric episode. For a Serena centric ones...well....Moments...moments everywhere XD

On another note, does anyone think that since we got a date episode for Amour, we might get some more in future?
Setsuna F Seiei
Setsuna F Seiei
Rookie
Rookie

Posts : 21
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-12-20
Location : Inside 00 Quan[T]

AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS] - Page 7 Empty Re: AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Post by Setsuna F Seiei on Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:42 pm

The date episode could go either way. It is interesting to think that this is between an Ash and Serena centered episodes. 1st is Ash's gym battle, then the date and after that is Serena's first performance. I'd like to think that this is an episode that is centered between the two of them though realistically speaking, I'd say that it's more likely that this will be another Serena centered episode. It would be quite a surprise and interesting if this does become an Ash episode. We'd probably see many Ash hints that we've never seen before. Wouldn't it also be great if they have both Ash and Serena in the title card at the beginning instead of the casual one person per title card? Or since it's February, it'd be great to have it in a valentines theme. I remember that there was an episode without the casual title card at all. Maybe they can pull another trick like that or two.



I am Gundam!!
AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS] - Page 7 Tumblr_monv9wbe4P1swvu8ao1_500
pokesrini
pokesrini
Admin
Admin

Posts : 546
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2014-12-18
Location : Kuala Lumpur

AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS] - Page 7 Empty Re: AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Post by pokesrini on Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:56 pm

Setsuna Very interesting thought. It could be possible that it is neither an Ash-focused nor a Serena-focused. It just doesn't have the title card, as you suggest. Or they could pull off something, and add both to the title. IMO it is something massive for Amour if it is Ash centric. But it doesn't mean that it is anything small if it is Serena-centric. As such, I think our speculations were made thinking of it as a Serena-focused episode. At least, mine were.

The problem is, the line here isn't clearly defined. Most episodes that are focused- like the Mega evolution arc, were all focused on Korrina mostly. Ash's gym battles- obviously Ash. The Bonnie centric episodes are usually mentioned- like Bonnie and the Lapras Guard or something.

There has been one other episode which featured two characters. And that was XY045. Clemont and Bonnie. The title card showed Bonnie, but in fact, it was a development of their sibling bond- thereby affecting both Clemont and Bonnie. Which is why it is possible that the title card character may also be inconsequential. Even this episode, after all, focuses on the development of the bond between Ash and Serena. It affects them both equally. But you can argue that XY045 affected Bonnie slightly more than Clemont. So that's up for debate for this one
Serena
Serena
I got a haircut!
I got a haircut!

Favorite Pokemon : Braxien, Pancham
Posts : 76
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2014-12-18
Location : Traveling with Ash, Clemont, and Bonnie

AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS] - Page 7 Empty Re: AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Post by Serena on Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:45 pm

I dunno if there will be any big hints, I'm guessing that may be the case considering the type of anime Pokemon is, but I think we'll be seeing some great character interactions between Ash and Serena regardless. I'm really hoping for Serena to be dragging Ash by his arms throughout the episode, while Ash is looking uncomfortable and acting all awkward and stuff. The whole thing just sounds super kawaii to me lol.



AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS] - Page 7 XmTRpGT_zps2a0a1a02
Blood Red
Blood Red
...
...

Favorite Pokemon : Charizard
Posts : 506
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2014-12-18
Location : Mt. Silver

AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS] - Page 7 Empty Re: AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Post by Blood Red on Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:17 pm

@Serena wrote:I dunno if there will be any big hints, I'm guessing that may be the case considering the type of anime Pokemon is, but I think we'll be seeing some great character interactions between Ash and Serena regardless.  I'm really hoping for Serena to be dragging Ash by his arms throughout the episode, while Ash is looking uncomfortable and acting all awkward and stuff.  The whole thing just sounds super kawaii to me lol.
I'd like to see that, but I don't think Serena will drag him around for too long. After all, she's not as...brash as some other girls Ash knew XD



AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS] - Page 7 Tumblr_n0qzszpUvq1s4cujlo1_500

"Get chance and luck!"
Ikcatcher
Ikcatcher
Rookie
Rookie

Posts : 20
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-12-18
Age : 19
Location : Malaysia

AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS] - Page 7 Empty Re: AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Post by Ikcatcher on Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:40 pm

@Blood Red wrote:
@Serena wrote:I dunno if there will be any big hints, I'm guessing that may be the case considering the type of anime Pokemon is, but I think we'll be seeing some great character interactions between Ash and Serena regardless.  I'm really hoping for Serena to be dragging Ash by his arms throughout the episode, while Ash is looking uncomfortable and acting all awkward and stuff.  The whole thing just sounds super kawaii to me lol.
I'd like to see that, but I don't think Serena will drag him around for too long. After all, she's not as...brash as some other girls Ash knew XD

What I want to see is like something in the movie,Serena goes on a shopping montage and you just see Ash sitting on a bench while holding an ice cream or something XD



When history witnesses a great change Razgriz reveals itself, first as a dark demon
As a demon it uses it’s power to rain death upon the land, and then it dies
However after a period of slumber Razgriz returns…
Amidst the eternal waves of time
From a ripple of change shall the storm rise
Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon
Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath
The demon soars through dark skies
Fear and death trail its shadow beneath
Until men united wield a hallowed sabre
In final reckoning, the beast is slain
As the demon sleeps, man turns on man
His own blood and madness soon cover the earth
From the depths of despair awaken the Razgriz
Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light”.
PokemonTrainerY
PokemonTrainerY
Regular
Regular

Posts : 109
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-12-19
Location : Coumarine City

AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS] - Page 7 Empty Re: AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Post by PokemonTrainerY on Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:49 pm

@Ikcatcher wrote:
@Blood Red wrote:
@Serena wrote:I dunno if there will be any big hints, I'm guessing that may be the case considering the type of anime Pokemon is, but I think we'll be seeing some great character interactions between Ash and Serena regardless.  I'm really hoping for Serena to be dragging Ash by his arms throughout the episode, while Ash is looking uncomfortable and acting all awkward and stuff.  The whole thing just sounds super kawaii to me lol.
I'd like to see that, but I don't think Serena will drag him around for too long. After all, she's not as...brash as some other girls Ash knew XD

What I want to see is like something in the movie,Serena goes on a shopping montage and you just see Ash sitting on a bench while holding an ice cream or something XD

That's something I'd hate to see in XY059. What's the point of a "date" if Serena does all the stuff and Ash just sits around doing nothing?

I'd rather see Ash and Serena enjoying their time together.
pokesrini
pokesrini
Admin
Admin

Posts : 546
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2014-12-18
Location : Kuala Lumpur

AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS] - Page 7 Empty Re: AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Post by pokesrini on Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:56 pm

I agree. I somehow don't accept that, "Pokemon isn't that kind of an anime" thing. If it isn't, then why call it a date? It will be one of the biggest disappointments if that happens. And I don't think that is what will happen either. As someone pointed out, Serena isn't like May..let's say, to drag Ash around all the way. If we got hints in episodes like XY053 or such episodes, I see no reason why we won't get the same hints, if not more in an episode that seems to be specifically designed for it.
asuna07neros
asuna07neros

Posts : 6
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-12-20

AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS] - Page 7 Empty Re: AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Post by asuna07neros on Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:15 pm

@pokesrini wrote:I agree. I somehow don't accept that, "Pokemon isn't that kind of an anime" thing. If it isn't, then why call it a date? It will be one of the biggest disappointments if that happens. And I don't think that is what will happen either. As someone pointed out, Serena isn't like May..let's say, to drag Ash around all the way. If we got hints in episodes like XY053 or such episodes, I see no reason why we won't get the same hints, if not more in an episode that seems to be specifically designed for it.

"Date" for SatoSere's case is as simple as hanging out. A friend would ask me to go on a date, watch movies, go to a coffee shop, etc but it doesn't mean we're romantically involved to each other, we just simply want to hang out. I still see this whole date thing one-sided. Argue all you want for the "Date" title but remember that the short description says that they're simply going shopping for presents for their Pokemon. It's probably another marketing ploy to get everyone's attention but I'll eat my words if I was proven wrong.
pokesrini
pokesrini
Admin
Admin

Posts : 546
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2014-12-18
Location : Kuala Lumpur

AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS] - Page 7 Empty Re: AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Post by pokesrini on Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:22 pm

No one says that this will be outright romance. Nor do I say that this will be two way traffic all of a sudden. All that I expect is that this will be more of a hint fest relative to the other episodes which already had hints. And this may mean that Ash starts feeling that Serena is..how to say, more special than the rest? He wouldn't fall for her just yet. He just starts falling for her.

I just feel that the absence of Pikachu is something interesting. Then again, if I am proven wrong, I am willing to eat my words as well.

Btw, I just want to point out a small fact. We are currently in Page 1 on Google Search if one searches for "satosere forum", and Page 3 if one searches for "amourshipping".
Amour256
Amour256
Rookie
Rookie

Posts : 69
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2014-12-18
Age : 22
Location : India

AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS] - Page 7 Empty Re: AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Post by Amour256 on Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:41 am

Absence of Pikachu has to say something, isn't it? I mean like....Pikachu and Ash are together the hell happens. I understand he might not be there since Ash's gonna buy Pikachu, a present. But....this might be the first time wherein Pikachu is nlt there with Ash. And ironically it is in the date episode. It is just Ash and Serena.....I get they might hang out and all and it won't be a full fledged date or something like you want to say. I do get your point. But sometimes......just hanging out with the right person is enough to get you across your feelings. #experience
avatar
taeuknam

Posts : 16
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-12-23
Age : 19
Location : Kiloude City, Kalos

AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS] - Page 7 Empty Re: AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Post by taeuknam on Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:37 am

Hey, guys! Recognize me from Serebii?

Anyways, regarding the date episode, I have high hopes because of the way the title was worded. The one picture we have also seems shippy. I have confidence in the writers. Here's hoping that we get a plethora of hints on February the Fifth, 2015! Cheers.

Troll Scenario:
Serena: Hey Ash... will you... go on a date with me?
Ash: Uhh okay.
Serena: Ohh Ashy! This is the happiest moment of my life!
Ash: So a date is that fruit that tastes like a fig, right?
*Everyone Facepalms*



Shippings:
- Amourshipping (OTP)
- Contestshipping
- Penguinshipping
- Orangeshipping
- Wishfulshipping

Fanfiction Account: https://m.fanfiction.net/s/10339572/1/Hoenn-Confirmed-An-Amourshipping-Fanfic
Fanfics:
- A Mirror Valentine's Day Carol (newest story)
+13 other stories

3DS FC: 4081-5743-8988

Copy and Paste this into your Signature if you ship Ash and Serena together! Amourshipping forever!

XY059!

Smile
WillDaSnail
WillDaSnail
Rookie
Rookie

Posts : 42
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2014-12-23

AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS] - Page 7 Empty Re: AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Post by WillDaSnail on Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:13 am

*peeks in and waves* Hey guys, anyone know me from Serebii? :3

Anyhow, I got busy around the time this forum was newly created and wasn't able to create an account. But now I'm able to and rejoin the conversation here regarding our favorite ship Very Happy

As for XY059, the writers dug themselves a huge hole with the title of the episode; their all-in approach essentially means this episode will be hyped beyond belief, or will crash and burn hard. Now with that said, we all have to wait for further episode details to come out. We could get a glimpse of it in the New Years special/recap, but that might be Farfetch'd (shoot me please >.>) because the special nature of this episode will mean that writers would want to keep this under tight wraps as long as possible and increase its hype value; any leaks/early previews of this episode will no doubt make us go into a feeding frenzy and prematurely send the hype train forward. And if we don't get any new details about XY059 between now and January 29th, we will get our answer with the XY059 preview on the 29th following the airing of XY058.

All together, I just hope we all won't get disappointed (or as some of you have said, "eating your own words") when XY059 is aired and we get to see it in its fully glory. Razz
pokesrini
pokesrini
Admin
Admin

Posts : 546
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2014-12-18
Location : Kuala Lumpur

AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS] - Page 7 Empty Re: AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Post by pokesrini on Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:01 am

First of all, welcome aboard SS Amour taeuknam and WillDaSnail. Of course we remember you guys! Very Happy

I think that taeuknam has brought up a point I missed- for the reason I am pretty confident it won't be a disappointment. The screenshot with the sunset scene. RobSp1derP1g had once pointed out in Serebii that a sunset scene is usually used for rather sentimental scenes, which many times include romance. Again, don't get me wrong. I still stick to my earlier stand that I don't expect AmourShipping to be made canon. I just think that this will be a turning point for Ash.

And WillDaSnail, you have brought up the other point- about the hype generated by this one. However, I don't think we'll see more than a one or two second glimpse of the date episode in the New Year's preview or whatever that is. They will show us just enough to get the hype train all refuelled again. I think we can be fairly sure that we'll see at least that in the NY preview because they seem to be giving a glimpse of many things- including the big battle between Ash and Clemont.
Amour256
Amour256
Rookie
Rookie

Posts : 69
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2014-12-18
Age : 22
Location : India

AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS] - Page 7 Empty Re: AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Post by Amour256 on Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:40 am

Speaking of which....can someone post that sunset scene of the date episode?

I assume the date episode will bring something for Amour. I beleve in it. I wish. We are not even half way yet but this episode will pave the way for future of Amour.


Last edited by Amour256 on Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total
pokesrini
pokesrini
Admin
Admin

Posts : 546
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2014-12-18
Location : Kuala Lumpur

AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS] - Page 7 Empty Re: AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Post by pokesrini on Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:52 am

@Amour256 wrote:Speaking of which....can someone post that sunset scene of the date episode?

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/333/d/9/ep862_ash_and_serena_s_first_date_by_clamel-d87nqdo.jpg

Here you go! This is a remastered version of the original screenshot. It is a near perfect replica. Credits to the original artist; not sure who. I got this off Google images. Btw Serena you had once asked me for this, here you go! Very Happy
Amour256
Amour256
Rookie
Rookie

Posts : 69
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2014-12-18
Age : 22
Location : India

AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS] - Page 7 Empty Re: AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Post by Amour256 on Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:53 am

This....this pic....there's no doubt this episode isn't gonna be a platonic one! Now I've risen my hopes for Ash's armour pf obliviousness to break. Based on how much I know about the manga, the sunset with the couple beneath it is often used to give romantic undertones. It seems that its almost the end of the episode and Serena has said something which has startled/shocked(sorry can't find the right word to express myself :/) Ash. Not to mention, a direct hit onto his armour. Now I am even more hyped for this episode....

Btw...thanks for the link @Pokesrini Very Happy

Sponsored content

AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS] - Page 7 Empty Re: AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:31 pm