Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome aboard the S.S. Amour! These forums are for anyone who wish to discuss AmourShipping (SatoSere) or any other ships and to chat with the community.

2 posters

Trip down Future Memory lane

RobSp1derp1g
    RobSp1derp1g
    Admin
    Admin

Trip down Future Memory lane Empty Trip down Future Memory lane

Post by RobSp1derp1g Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:27 pm

This was written for my blog, FYI.

As you might know, one of my guilty pleasures is Pokémon. I’ve grown up following that franchise and it shows no signs of stopping now.

Last year the games Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire were released. They are a remake of the Gameboy Advance Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire games. They showcased the Hoenn region, and I won’t bore you with the details.

This is the point of this post. I’ve played Pokémon Emerald more times than I can count, and more importantly, I’ve enjoyed the games immensely. But, as stated in previous blog posts, the music is smply one of the best pieces I’ve ever heard, and for a music connoisseur (cough), that’s saying much.

So, I went to YouTube and found there was a channel that had the music of the new games. I was IMMEDIATELY struck with nostalgia, but also a sense of flashforward, so to speak. I was listening to the songs on YouTube and I was almost remembering myself of when I was playing the new games, which I do not have at this moment in time.

Is there a sciencey name for this phenomenon?

Thank you, and good night.

PS: Listening to the new Cycling Road song almost brought a tear to my eye.
    pokesrini
    pokesrini
    Admin
    Admin

Trip down Future Memory lane Empty Re: Trip down Future Memory lane

Post by pokesrini Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:37 am

I must agree with you. I have played all the games- especially GSC countless times. So there was a hiatus between 2007-2012. I didn't play a single game or watch a single episode that time for reasons of my own. And when I learned that my favourite games were remade, I immediately pulled all stops to find a perfect emulated version.

Then again there was a hiatus due to the BW fiasco. And when I finally returned to the series this year Sept, and listened to the music of X and Y games, I was done. I knew I had to buy it. I just listened to the Region Theme, the Wild and Trainer battle themes, and Route 1. Every single track is fantastic. Every single one. Even ORAS, or my favourites HGSS didn't have that distinction.

From the Region Theme to Team Flare to the Champion theme...everything was perfectly fitting. The tracks I found most suiting to the situation were the Gym Battle and the Champion themes. The Gym Battle theme bore that frantic and fast-paced beat; and the Champion theme certainly seemed befitting of the finale.

Really if there is one thing that the Pokemon Company did extraordinarily well in, it is the music. Hats off to Junichi Masuda and the other Music directors for that.

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 11:15 am