Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome aboard the S.S. Amour! These forums are for anyone who wish to discuss AmourShipping (SatoSere) or any other ships and to chat with the community.

+26
pokesrini
Blood Red
TemplarJLF
Opum
amour4ever
Mitsuru
chicorita3
calvinhobbesliker
Purim
WillDaSnail
taeuknam
Coconutty
asuna07neros
Spectro889
AshSerena
PokemonTrainerY
Sheepy Lamby
matthew11
Pokévision
AmourMustDie2000
Serena
ScienceIsSoAmazing
Ikcatcher
Amour256
RobSp1derp1g
PotSmuggle
30 posters

AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

pokesrini
    pokesrini
    Admin
    Admin

AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS] - Page 3 Empty Re: AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Post by pokesrini Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:40 am

I think I can disagree here. There were definitely hints in the episode. As to Ash not continuing to ask Serena what's the matter, they just didn't want to prolong the scene. And when Ash appreciated her teaching skills, she was extra shy.

As to XY052, in the end of the episode, Serena's reaction when she saw Ash was, "Ash, are you okay?" unlike Clemont and Bonnie- who just said, "We are here!" That's a hint too IMO- although a smaller one, and something we have come to expect.

Again, I don't think what we are seeing in XY is just general concern (between Ash and Serena). His behaviour towards her is different. I didn't expect any strong hints from his side till we see XY059 though. That's when his Armour will start chipping off.

All in all, I think this serves to remind us that the ship isn't dead; and they plan to do something with it- develop it. There was the general perception during the drought that Amour is dead because Serena has a dream. I think that has been busted.

XY053, in all other counts was yet another great episode. And I think I expect some really good stuff from XY054. Not amour, but in general
    matthew11
    matthew11

Favorite Pokemon : Missingno

AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS] - Page 3 Empty Re: AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Post by matthew11 Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:45 am

pokesrini wrote:I think I can disagree here. There were definitely hints in the episode. As to Ash not continuing to ask Serena what's the matter, they just didn't want to prolong the scene. And when Ash appreciated her teaching skills, she was extra shy.

As to XY052, in the end of the episode, Serena's reaction when she saw Ash was, "Ash, are you okay?" unlike Clemont and Bonnie- who just said, "We are here!" That's a hint too IMO- although a smaller one, and something we have come to expect.

Again, I don't think what we are seeing in XY is just general concern (between Ash and Serena). His behaviour towards her is different. I didn't expect any strong hints from his side till we see XY059 though. That's when his Armour will start chipping off.

All in all, I think this serves to remind us that the ship isn't dead; and they plan to do something with it- develop it. There was the general perception during the drought that Amour is dead because Serena has a dream. I think that has been busted.

XY053, in all other counts was yet another great episode. And I think I expect some really good stuff from XY054. Not amour, but in general

Uhh dude. You're in fact dismissing an opinion here. That's not how it works.

Rebuttal in point of general concern: I think imma have to disagree here in terms of XY052. While he definitely act's different towards her, it was shown in the said ep that he cleary is concern for ALL of them, not just Serena. Which means his concern isn't just restricted towards Serena. If anything, I'd like him to be more open towards her, and only her, if he ever shows even more concern, which I fully expect when Team Flare enters the screen.
    Pokévision
    Pokévision

Favorite Pokemon : Braixen

Post by Pokévision Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:58 am

matthew11 wrote:
    Finally, just watched XY052 and 3. And here are my points.

XY052: although Satoshi did shout Serena's name when she fell with Citron, Eureka did shout the latter. And that pretty much works the same the other way around. I don't find it shippy, tbh. Other than that, Satoshi was relieved that everyone was ok, though that's just his general concern for his friends. In short, no hints.

XY053: I like how the flashback scenes of younger Serena riding a Meecle touched my heart, seriously. I almost shed a tear then hehe. A shout out to Satoshi's obliviousness getting the better of him. We know that he spotted Serena being uncomfortable with Grace's appearance, but due to Serena's reassurance, Satoshi immediately dismissed it. Argh oh come on! It was a potential scene for hints, and it happened I think 2-3 times in the ep! And just when I was about to jump up and down to celebrate Satoshi's breaking down of his armor of obliviousness. Ah well. I take back what I just said from a few pages. It seems that Serena's blush in the ep was from somewhat embarrassment mixed with appreciation from Satoshi's praise of her tutoring of Sihorn racing. I dunno, it seems I can't put it into words. But... Anyone saw how younger Serena's hair was apparently shorter than it was when she was in the summer camp? I know it's like tied in a pig tail or whatever it's called, but if you take those ties off of her hair, it seems, rather shorter indeed. Maybe she got a hair cut when they were back in Kalos? Just wanna point that out.

And yeah, patients is a virtue, dude. In the meantime, imma celebrate my relaxation when I get back to my hometown. Woohoo!!

True, Bonnie exclaimed Clemont's name to complement Ash exclaiming Serena's. But let's consider the fact that Ash was behind Bonnie and Clemont. If I were in Ash's shoes and considered Clemont and Serena equally (can't think of any better way to phrase this since it's so late at night/early in the morning for me), I would instinctively call out "Clemont" first since he's closer and I would presumably have my attention on him - the bridge broke after Clemont and Bonnie exchanged a few words so I presume Ash would have his attention on them. So I think that Ash calling out Serena's name instead of Clemont's is a hint in its own right...now this whole analysis could be scrapped in favor of a simple "writer's choice" explanation. xD

Hey, I had that exact same feeling of letdown-ness when Ash brushed off Serena's behaviour after Serena said something like she was fine (at least that's what I inferred out of that part)!

Sheepy Lamby wrote:Hi "new" friends Smile
    Another traveler joining the trip!
    I'll put my 2 cents in this topic:
    "I declare you husband and wife"
    AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS] - Page 3 054hug13
    The episode had no hints but that scene was ideal to tease Ash! lol

Declaring them husband and wife? But why is there a yellow mouse butting in the shot! Gosh, I wish there were translations so I could analyze this episode in more depth. At least the episode makes good source material for my future caption story.

I think the episode did have hints - this will all be clarified once we get translations. Serena blushing to Ash's praise looks promising to me.

Amour256 wrote:
    Dude, I tell you Serena's not washing that hand which she kept on Ash's mouth, I tell you XD Just you see XD 53 was a good episode indeed!

Now that would make Serena a little obsessive and creepy. XY053 was a good episode indeed. Great character development for Serena and the Skiddo race was very intense.

pokesrini wrote:I think I can disagree here. There were definitely hints in the episode. As to Ash not continuing to ask Serena what's the matter, they just didn't want to prolong the scene. And when Ash appreciated her teaching skills, she was extra shy.

Agreed x 5.

A little issue I had with XY052 however was that Ash chose to help the ninja boy out rather than find Serena (and the others) in the cave. But I guess doing otherwise would be too big a push to the ship for a non-shippy episode.

Last edited by Pokévision on Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total
    pokesrini
    pokesrini
    Admin
    Admin

Post by pokesrini Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:06 am

matthew11 wrote:

Uhh dude. You're in fact dismissing an opinion here. That's not how it works.

Rebuttal in point of general concern: I think imma have to disagree here in terms of XY052. While he definitely act's different towards her, it was shown in the said ep that he cleary is concern for ALL of them, not just Serena. Which means his concern isn't just restricted towards Serena. If anything, I'd like him to be more open towards her, and only her, if he ever shows even more concern, which I fully expect when Team Flare enters the screen.

Fair enough. All opinions are welcome..don't get me wrong. I didn't mean to rebut your opinion or anything.

So far, Team Flare don't seem to want to show their face. But maybe after XY060? Kalos Power Plant I would say.

as to your point Pokevision, I think an explanation lies in the fact that the Shifty guy encountered them when they just realized that the others were left out in the cave (if I remember right). So he was preoccupied almost immediately after he realized that. And as you said, too much push for Amour in an episode where it isn't really required. Like I said earlier, I think the true hints from Ash's side will come starting from XY059. Until then, we can safely expect nothing from his side
    Sheepy Lamby
    Sheepy Lamby

Post by Sheepy Lamby Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:17 am

Pokévision wrote:

Declaring them husband and wife? But why is there a yellow mouse butting in the shot! Gosh, I wish there were translations so I could analyze this episode in more depth. At least the episode makes good source material for my future caption story.

I think the episode did have hints - this will all be clarified once we get translations. Serena blushing to Ash's praise looks promising to me.
    to the ship for a non-shippy episode.

I was just kidding tongue
    What Grace says is something like: "Well, then we will all do it [ride Skiddo]"

The scene of Serena blushing came after Ash said that "Serena taught him how to ride"
    matthew11
    matthew11

Post by matthew11 Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:29 am

Sheepy Lamby wrote:
    Pokévision wrote:

The scene of Serena blushing came after Ash said that "Serena taught him how to ride"

I.... Completely read the bolded part very wrong!!! I should get a brain check...

Anyway, about XY054, looks like there'll be no hints there, heck I don't expect any. But, as I always say, previews can be deceiving.
    pokesrini
    pokesrini
    Admin
    Admin

Post by pokesrini Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:46 am

LOL matthew11 I read that part too. Man..the internet has ruined us all.

I expect XY054 will be bone dry- like the Hawlucha episode. I think it is focusing on James..not even Clemont. But it seems like Ash and Serena won't be hypnotized, so that does open up opportunities for some small, tiny writers' hints? But I'm safely dropping all hopes of hints from XY054. I think XY055 and XY056 have a slightly better chance.
    Amour256
    Amour256
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Amour256 Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:52 am

pokesrini wrote:LOL matthew11 I read that part too. Man..the internet has ruined us all.

I expect XY054 will be bone dry- like the Hawlucha episode. I think it is focusing on James..not even Clemont. But it seems like Ash and Serena won't be hypnotized, so that does open up opportunities for some small, tiny writers' hints? But I'm safely dropping all hopes of hints from XY054. I think XY055 and XY056 have a slightly better chance.
    Only the writer's hints. Since we have XY059 incoming, I don't think we'll get major hints uptil then. Some intense moments, maybe....some small or medium hints/interactions...yes! Possible. Writer's hints? Definitely!

If anything XY059 will be the make or break episode.
    pokesrini
    pokesrini
    Admin
    Admin

Post by pokesrini Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:58 am

Amour256 wrote:
    Only the writer's hints. Since we have XY059 incoming, I don't think we'll get major hints uptil then. Some intense moments, maybe....some small or medium hints/interactions...yes! Possible. Writer's hints? Definitely!

Yeah. I'll agree with you there.

XY059..I think I can safely consider it a "make" episode. I would've had doubts if XY053 was 100% dry. But I think both XY052 and XY053 yielded enough for us to know that Amour is very much alive and kicking. And if it is, it is very unlikely that the Fabled Episode is going to be a "break" episode simply because they would prefer a silent death, if anything. The drought was long enough to slowly drive in the knife.
    Sheepy Lamby
    Sheepy Lamby

Post by Sheepy Lamby Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:01 am

matthew11 wrote:
    Sheepy Lamby wrote:
    Pokévision wrote:

I.... Completely read the bolded part very wrong!!! I should get a brain check...

Anyway, about XY054, looks like there'll be no hints there, heck I don't expect any. But, as I always say, previews can be deceiving.

Shocked what do you mean dude!?
    I agree with you about previews being deceiving... I guess the word "preview" doesn't always match its meaning tongue
    We just need patience... maybe the next episode will have hints, maybe not...
    Blood Red
    Blood Red

Favorite Pokemon : Charizard

Post by Blood Red Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:09 am

Hey, Sheepy! Glad to see you man, we needed some humor around here Very Happy

So far, the only hints from this episode that have stood out to me were the blush (and Serena's tone when she replies XD ) and her use of their line twice, one she failed in her training (she said Satoshi, so I don't think it's a throwaway) and the other when she fell off her Meecle. Basically, I think that's enough to secure the ship Very Happy

Ash's 'hints' were more of the 'special concern' variety, so I won't really consider them hints. Also, there were a few moments (like the hug and Serena closing Ash's mouth with her hand) so there's that.

Overall, a few minor but concrete hints and a few good moments. For the first time in months, we have something satisfactory.
    matthew11
    matthew11

Post by matthew11 Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:11 am

Ok. Enough about XY054. We can't discuss about it further anymore until it's out.

Anyway, looks like this thread's not gonna ba active until then, so I suppose I should post here a fan art that somehow connects to amour. And I already shared this with the great Blood Red:

AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS] - Page 3 Tumblr_nf06tpq09x1ru099po1_500

Credits to あこ of pixiv.

Hmm... I should definitely create a Marrisonshipping thread...
    Amour256
    Amour256
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Amour256 Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:14 am

pokesrini wrote:
    Amour256 wrote:

Yeah. I'll agree with you there.

XY059..I think I can safely consider it a "make" episode. I would've had doubts if XY053 was 100% dry. But I think both XY052 and XY053 yielded enough for us to know that Amour is very much alive and kicking. And if it is, it is very unlikely that the Fabled Episode is going to be a "break" episode simply because they would prefer a silent death, if anything. The drought was long enough to slowly drive in the knife.
    Not to push a knife through your hopes but here's my POV(Don't call me a pessimist XD Just sitting the various possible outcomes XD)

If the fabled episode gives us major hints or atleast greater than the normal hints and all fluffy interactions and such....Amour's a hit. But if we get nothing more than the usual....I guess it'll be safe to assume that....naahh never mind. Let us wait for the episode. I don't want to jynx it Razz It won't get silent death and that's for sure.

Edit: Thanks Matthew for correcting the spelling Very Happy

Last edited by matthew11 on Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:33 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : I am the spelling checker and no one can stop me!)
    Blood Red
    Blood Red

Post by Blood Red Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:24 am

matthew11 wrote:Ok. Enough about XY054. We can't discuss about it further anymore until it's out.

Anyway, looks like this thread's not gonna ba active until then, so I suppose I should post here a fan art that somehow connects to amour. And I already shared this with the great Blood Red:

AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS] - Page 3 Tumblr_nf06tpq09x1ru099po1_500

Credits to あこ of pixiv.

Hmm... I should definitely create a Marrisonshipping thread...

As I said, what works for Amour could easily work for them XD Yeah, go ahead.

@Amour256: You won't be the only one worrying if that's the case. I wouldn't give up on the ship. But I'd certainly have less hope.
    pokesrini
    pokesrini
    Admin
    Admin

Post by pokesrini Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:29 am

I think BloodRed has added some reasons why we consider XY053 as satisfactory. I think the subs will make them clearer Very Happy But overall, it is the first episode in almost 3 months that has been truly satisfactory.

matthew11 damn that's cute! Btw..who's the blushing guy?

Amour256 You do have an interesting POV Razz But by "usual", I think you mean something like XY052? Because I doubt that is the case. if I'm not mistaken, their Pokemon..or at least that yellow rodent isn't with them. So far, if you think about it, this episode seems to have no point whatsoever in the scheme of things. Any important catches? Strategies for a gym battle? Nope. They aren't even shopping for Serena's dress (primarily). They are shopping for gifts for their Pokemon.

Now what point does that have? In fact, if not for Amour, it is worse than the worst Johto filler episode. So I think we have enough reason to believe that this episode will have hints which are at least of the same quality as what we've seen, if not more. Smile If a situation arises where the hints are of the same quality and are not at least slightly better than what we've seen, I wouldn't be too worried just yet. It all depends on what happens in the episode. There could be some situation where there isn't really something much bigger than what we've seen already, but something different, of the same quality does. That may be used as a pivot further ahead. Like the handkerchief for example. Left to itself, not too consequential. But add this backstory and stuff, it becomes the biggest symbol of AmourShipping
    Amour256
    Amour256
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Amour256 Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:20 am

pokesrini wrote:I think BloodRed has added some reasons why we consider XY053 as satisfactory. I think the subs will make them clearer Very Happy But overall, it is the first episode in almost 3 months that has been truly satisfactory.

matthew11 damn that's cute! Btw..who's the blushing guy?

Amour256 You do have an interesting POV Razz But by "usual", I think you mean something like XY052? Because I doubt that is the case. if I'm not mistaken, their Pokemon..or at least that yellow rodent isn't with them. So far, if you think about it, this episode seems to have no point whatsoever in the scheme of things. Any important catches? Strategies for a gym battle? Nope. They aren't even shopping for Serena's dress (primarily). They are shopping for gifts for their Pokemon.

Now what point does that have? In fact, if not for Amour, it is worse than the worst Johto filler episode. So I think we have enough reason to believe that this episode will have hints which are at least of the same quality as what we've seen, if not more. Smile If a situation arises where the hints are of the same quality and are not at least slightly better than what we've seen, I wouldn't be too worried just yet. It all depends on what happens in the episode. There could be some situation where there isn't really something much bigger than what we've seen already, but something different, of the same quality does. That may be used as a pivot further ahead. Like the handkerchief for example. Left to itself, not too consequential. But add this backstory and stuff, it becomes the biggest symbol of AmourShipping
    No. By usual I mean the normal stuff which we get. By something different I mean something like Serena's rival telling her "If you don't confess your feelings to Ash, then I will" or that mirror Serena's advice. Since this is a date episode, we should get something more than this. If we just get the usual, then I'll be lying if I say I won't be concerned. I just don't want another beautiful ship getting destroyed because of the writers. I had my share....I don't want another ship to be ruined.

@Blood Red If at all it does happen, then I'll probably just enjoy the ship on whatever the writers will give us.
    PotSmuggle
    PotSmuggle
    Lord Kinniekins
    Lord Kinniekins

Favorite Pokemon : Delphox

Post by PotSmuggle Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:29 am

matthew11 wrote:Ok. Enough about XY054. We can't discuss about it further anymore until it's out.

Credits to あこ of pixiv.

Hmm... I should definitely create a MarrisonShipping thread...

Damn it, I.was going to make the MarrisonShipping thread. But whatever, less work for me. Razz

I really hope we can get some hints from XY054 either when the group gets captured, someone gets hypnotized or when there's a life threatening situation. Doubt it going to happen but the writers never fail to surprise me.
    Blood Red
    Blood Red

Post by Blood Red Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:43 am

pokesrini wrote:matthew11 damn that's cute! Btw..who's the blushing guy?

...dude, that's Alain :/

@Amour256 I'll do the same, at least until XY ends. After that...
    pokesrini
    pokesrini
    Admin
    Admin

Post by pokesrini Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:58 am

Amour256 I think I understand your concerns. However like I mentioned, this episode doesn't seem to have any other purpose or contribution to the main plot. So it only seems likely that our wishes will be granted. So rest easy Very Happy

Although I'll admit, I would be a little more worried about the future of the ship if we get nothing that is even slightly out of ordinary, or there doesn't seem to be anything that may be inconsequential in the near future, but valuable in the far away future.

Amour256
    Amour256
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Amour256 Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:11 am

pokesrini wrote:Amour256 I think I understand your concerns. However like I mentioned, this episode doesn't seem to have any other purpose or contribution to the main plot. So it only seems likely that our wishes will be granted. So rest easy Very Happy

Although I'll admit, I would be a little more worried about the future of the ship if we get nothing that is even slightly out of ordinary, or there doesn't seem to be anything that may be inconsequential in the near future, but valuable in the far away future.

I don't know if you have noticed this but....Serena now has become an inseperable part of XY. All the more Ash's and Serena's relationship is a core part of this series now. It is something like....it cannot be sidetracked. It cannot be ignored. You have to give it justice just like you are giving to the story. Yes! Their relationship has become a sub plot of the story. So if anything, their story not contributing to the main plot will make me worry a bit now. Imagine this. A sub plot which is one of the core parts of the story, contributes nothing to the main story. That'd either mean that the subplot is irrelevant to the story or that it doesn't carry any importance. It is just there for the heck of it. In both these cases, odds don't go in our favour. Though what you say is right. We'd get our wishes fulfilled. Indeed right. But that'll be nothing but fanservice if it doesn't contribute to the main plot. And that is not good for Amour. It is indeed a core part of XY. So it having no importance is.....not good! If it contributes to the main plot...ALL HANDS ON THE DECK! WE ARE GOING FULL THROTTLE! We get something more than the usual that means that the writers indeed have some great plans about Amour and it is just not there to draw in more viewers. Sure you can say if they want to do that...they'll give it justice now and abandon it later. But my friend, that'll piss of the viewers and inturn, their next series would go in for a FLOP! Not a safe move. That's why I am more focused on what the writers are gonna give us for the date episode. Its gonna be a make or break thing

But sure it can be like as you say. A moment by itself meaning nothing but it connects to the main plot in the long run!

matthew11
    matthew11

Post by matthew11 Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:16 am

Amour256 wrote:I don't know if you have noticed this but....Serena now has become an inseperable part of XY. All the more Ash's and Serena's relationship is a core part of this series now. It is something like....it cannot be sidetracked. It cannot be ignored. You have to give it justice just like you are giving to the story. Yes! Their relationship has become a sub plot of the story. So if anything, their story not contributing to the main plot will make me worry a bit now. Imagine this. A sub plot which is one of the core parts of the story, contributes nothing to the main story. That'd either mean that the subplot is irrelevant to the story or that it doesn't carry any importance. It is just there for the heck of it. In both these cases, odds don't go in our favour. Though what you say is right. We'd get our wishes fulfilled. Indeed right. But that'll be nothing but fanservice if it doesn't contribute to the main plot. And that is not good for Amour. It is indeed a core part of XY. So it having no importance is.....not good! If it contributes to the main plot...ALL HANDS ON THE DECK! WE ARE GOING FULL THROTTLE! We get something more than the usual that means that the writers indeed have some great plans about Amour and it is just not there to draw in more viewers. Sure you can say if they want to do that...they'll give it justice now and abandon it later. But my friend, that'll piss of the viewers and inturn, their next series would go in for a FLOP! Not a safe move. That's why I am more focused on what the writers are gonna give us for the date episode. Its gonna be a make or break thing

But sure it can be like as you say. A moment by itself meaning nothing but it connects to the main plot in the long run!

In short, the main reason why there is a subplot aka Amourshipping in the main series is to just bring back the viewers who left the series after the downfall of BW. But if you look far into the future, whether they make amour canon or not, the viewers will simply pack their bags and enter the real world after which amour has had bored of its fans/viewers.

And at this point, we may get off-topic, so let's make another one, shall we?
    Blood Red
    Blood Red

Post by Blood Red Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:25 am

matthew11 wrote:
    Amour256 wrote:I don't know if you have noticed this but....Serena now has become an inseperable part of XY. All the more Ash's and Serena's relationship is a core part of this series now. It is something like....it cannot be sidetracked. It cannot be ignored. You have to give it justice just like you are giving to the story. Yes! Their relationship has become a sub plot of the story. So if anything, their story not contributing to the main plot will make me worry a bit now. Imagine this. A sub plot which is one of the core parts of the story, contributes nothing to the main story. That'd either mean that the subplot is irrelevant to the story or that it doesn't carry any importance. It is just there for the heck of it. In both these cases, odds don't go in our favour. Though what you say is right. We'd get our wishes fulfilled. Indeed right. But that'll be nothing but fanservice if it doesn't contribute to the main plot. And that is not good for Amour. It is indeed a core part of XY. So it having no importance is.....not good! If it contributes to the main plot...ALL HANDS ON THE DECK! WE ARE GOING FULL THROTTLE! We get something more than the usual that means that the writers indeed have some great plans about Amour and it is just not there to draw in more viewers. Sure you can say if they want to do that...they'll give it justice now and abandon it later. But my friend, that'll piss of the viewers and inturn, their next series would go in for a FLOP! Not a safe move. That's why I am more focused on what the writers are gonna give us for the date episode. Its gonna be a make or break thing

In short, the main reason why there is a subplot aka Amourshipping in the main series is to just bring back the viewers who left the series after the downfall of BW. But if you look far into the future, whether they make amour canon or not, the viewers will simply pack their bags and enter the real world after which amour has had bored of its fans/viewers.

True. The ship needs to stay relevant to the show, or at least not become an obstruction. I want Amour to become canon, but not at the price of Pokémon turning into a shoujo. If they don't do the ship justice, then the entire show will feel hollow. Kind of a lose/lose situation unless the writers handle this right.

Sure: Do you see Clemont contributing to the ship in some way?
    Amour256
    Amour256
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Amour256 Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:29 am

matthew11 wrote:

No. That's not what I meant. Like someone said on Serebii, the writers have left no stone unturned to improve Pokémon and make this series different from the others. Amour is indeed one of them. The story cannot be completed without giving justice to Amour. Okay. To be specific, if we get something more than the usual, some fluff, some love here and there, some tenderness and warmth and out of the ordinary moments, BINGO! This is it. The writers do have some plans for Amour

But if we get nothing out of the ordinary except just plain shopping and some normal moments...I will be concerned about Amour. Of course that's a huge if in there. I won't be wholly negative on that one, only concerned if that's what you are asking for. Amour doesn't seem to be a fanservice sonce if they wanted fanservice, they could've easily brought Misty back and get done with it. Its enough to pool in more viewers. But instead they brought Serena....she has a crush on Ash and we've got what not uptil now. So let's just wait for the date episode. Whatever the case....the writers won't bluff in the future if they give full justice to Amour in XY059. No turning back. Amour's full sail!

Clémont.....YES! He can indeed sense the closeness between the two of em and unlike Bonnie who won't understand what's going on...he'd know very well XD
    pokesrini
    pokesrini
    Admin
    Admin

Post by pokesrini Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:34 am

LOL hold your horses guys. All that I wanted to say was that the episode has no contribution to Amour. And Amour can very easily be incorporated in the main storyline. I'm pretty sure the writers didn't overlook such a basic thing when they took the decision to begin.

As such, Serena has been instrumental in Ash's Santalune and Shalour gym battles. Why can't she be instrumental in the League? That's where the relevance of the ship comes in. We may not see much relevance now..at this point of the show. They know the limitations of this ship much better than we do; and for a show that has not even skimmed this topic in the last 15 years, they would've thought a hundred times before taking the plunge. So why not give it a rest?

Amour has to be resolved eventually. And then it could be taken through for just another generation, before even Ash as a character begins to stale. They cannot let him keep losing; yet they cannot have him win everything either. The show needs a reboot, and it is imminent. Anyway..let's try to get another topic? We are speculating things that are way too far into the future.

Amour256 The reason they may not have brought misty back is because it might isolate the fans of the other girls. But many of the OtherShippers weren't watching the show anyway after their favourite girl left, so it wouldn't be too much of a consequence. Anyway, XY has been all about fanservice, which improved the dynamic of both the show and the game. Mega evolutions of the most popular Gen 1s is a clear example.

Last edited by pokesrini on Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:41 am; edited 1 time in total
    PokemonTrainerY
    PokemonTrainerY
    Regular
    Regular

Post by PokemonTrainerY Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:38 am

Hello everyone, fellow Amourshipper here. Since the Serebii mobs closed the Amourshipping thread, I made an account here.

Anyway, XY053 was a good episode. It's cute when Serena blushed after hearing Ash's compliments about her. XY059 is the next big Amourshipping episode, but I'm expecting some hints in XY058 and XY060 too.

Last edited by PokemonTrainerY on Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:47 am; edited 2 times in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:04 am