Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome aboard the S.S. Amour! These forums are for anyone who wish to discuss AmourShipping (SatoSere) or any other ships and to chat with the community.

+10
Setsuna F Seiei
Virgo
PotSmuggle
Amour256
matthew11
taeuknam
pokesrini
Serena
PokemonTrainerY
TemplarJLF
14 posters

Important for all AmourShippers.

Poll

Do you wish to stay here or return to Serebii

[ 12 ]
    Important for all AmourShippers. Bar_left86%Important for all AmourShippers. Bar_right [86%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Important for all AmourShippers. Bar_left14%Important for all AmourShippers. Bar_right [14%] 

Total Votes: 14
    Poll closed
    pokesrini
    pokesrini
    Admin
    Admin

Important for all AmourShippers. Empty Important for all AmourShippers.

Post by pokesrini Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:12 am

Hey guys..you may know that the Serebii Amour thread has been reopened. Now here are the pros and cons- the way I see it:

Pros:

- Serebii is a larger community for now. We are still fresh

Cons:

- The rules are still stringent, and won't allow us to discuss future episodes- even if they are related to AmourShipping since they are technically off topic.

We can continue posting like before, minus any milestones or celebrations. But I think I can practically guarantee that, at that rate, the thread will be closed again eventually. But the choice is up for vote. We can also go there to discuss hints, and speculate in more detail here. Or have bridges going to Serebii and getting information, and probably even users from there to here.

Or we could strictly adhere to the rules, and discuss nothing but the hints we see in serebii.
    TemplarJLF
    TemplarJLF

Favorite Pokemon : Fennekin

Important for all AmourShippers. Empty Important for all AmourShippers.

Post by TemplarJLF Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:51 am

From what I've heard, the thread is flamebait, plus I don't agree with a lot of Serebii's rules. Besides, most other shippings have a board of their own, so why not us? As long as this forum doesn't devolve into the cesspool of extremists I've seen around the web (Not naming any particular ship or board, but I've seen QUITE a few boards from more than one shipping that fit this category), then I say stay.
    PokemonTrainerY
    PokemonTrainerY
    Regular
    Regular

Important for all AmourShippers. Empty Re: Important for all AmourShippers.

Post by PokemonTrainerY Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:59 am

The rules of the Serebii Amourshipping discussion thread are a bit too strict for my taste so I think I'm gonna stay here. I'll only post there if we get a new Amourshipping hint.

TemplarJLF wrote:From what I've heard, the thread is flamebait, plus I don't agree with a lot of Serebii's rules. Besides, most other shippings have a board of their own, so why not us?

You've got a point there.

Last edited by PokemonTrainerY on Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:50 am; edited 2 times in total
    Serena
    Serena
    I got a haircut!
    I got a haircut!

Favorite Pokemon : Braxien, Pancham

Post by Serena Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:22 am

PokemonTrainerY wrote:The rules on the Serebii Amourshipping discussion thread are a bit too strict for my taste so I think I'm gonna stay here. I'll only post there if we get a new Amourshipping hint.
    It really isn't anymore strict than any of the other forums on serebii, like the clubs and anime forums. I say we should still post in both places.
    pokesrini
    pokesrini
    Admin
    Admin

Post by pokesrini Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:27 am

Serena The thing is, some people, including myself, just want to talk about AmourShipping, and have a nice time with the community. I don't particularly fancy actively posting on two places at once for the same thing.

I mentioned earlier. We cannot discuss or speculate about future episodes; even if it has something to do with AmourShipping because there are threads for that. So that Amour thread is purely for discussing hints; that's about it. And if you want to talk around freely a bit, then that's not possible to do in Serebii.

Feel free to post your arguments in favour of leaving too. Don't worry. this is a collective vote.
    Serena
    Serena
    I got a haircut!
    I got a haircut!

Favorite Pokemon : Braxien, Pancham

Post by Serena Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:37 am

I'll stay here to mod, but I plan to be at both sites.
    pokesrini
    pokesrini
    Admin
    Admin

Post by pokesrini Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:53 am

That's fine. Here we are looking at general trends. I mean, if majority say that we need not stay, then we might all as well go there. But if majority say that we can stay on here; irrespective of whether they post on both sides or not, then we can keep this forum up.

BTW, to address the concerns of those who think this will become yet another extremists' only forum like a certain other forum, be sure that it won't be the case. Bashing threads are strictly not allowed over here at SS Amour. We don't mind if you support another ship, we have threads for that. But discussions will have to be decent.
    taeuknam

Post by taeuknam Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:26 am

pokesrini wrote:That's fine. Here we are looking at general trends. I mean, if majority say that we need not stay, then we might all as well go there. But if majority say that we can stay on here; irrespective of whether they post on both sides or not, then we can keep this forum up.

BTW, to address the concerns of those who think this will become yet another extremists' only forum like a certain other forum, be sure that it won't be the case. Bashing threads are strictly not allowed over here at SS Amour. We don't mind if you support another ship, we have threads for that. But discussions will have to be decent.

What we could try is to put a link to this site in our signatures over there to try to steal their traffic.

I will post on both sites, and I think we should stay, incase we lose the thread again. And the people posting on both sites can watch for news since Serebii is pretty fast on that. I'll also try to guage what the consensus over there seems to be regarding the ship, for info purposes.
    pokesrini
    pokesrini
    Admin
    Admin

Post by pokesrini Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:30 am

That's a good idea taeuknam I see you have already done that for your signature. I have done so for mine too.

I agree. There's the risk of losing that thread again. Anime Spoilers pushes out news quite fast, so our watchers there could help push info here. In any case, we can't discuss much over in our Amour thread for future episodes.
    taeuknam

Post by taeuknam Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:45 am

pokesrini wrote:That's a good idea taeuknam I see you have already done that for your signature. I have done so for mine too.

I agree. There's the risk of losing that thread again. Anime Spoilers pushes out news quite fast, so our watchers there could help push info here. In any case, we can't discuss much over in our Amour thread for future episodes.

Also, if any of our members are Bulbagarden members, we could do the same. Especially since the BG Amour thread doesn't seem super active, we could potentially get members from there.

Also, I don't get why we can't post about future episodes when we always tie it back to Amourshipping. Especially when an episode is called "Ash and Serena's First Date". Perhaps we could make a plea that discussing future episodes having possible hints isn't off-topic to their mods?
    pokesrini
    pokesrini
    Admin
    Admin

Post by pokesrini Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:53 am

taeuknam wrote:
    pokesrini wrote:That's a good idea taeuknam I see you have already done that for your signature. I have done so for mine too.

I agree. There's the risk of losing that thread again. Anime Spoilers pushes out news quite fast, so our watchers there could help push info here. In any case, we can't discuss much over in our Amour thread for fut

Also, if any of our members are Bulbagarden members, we could do the same. Especially since the BG Amour thread doesn't seem super active, we could potentially get members from there.

Also, I don't get why we can't post about future episodes when we always tie it back to Amourshipping. Especially when an episode is called "Ash and Serena's First Date". Perhaps we could make a plea that discussing future episodes having possible hints isn't off-topic to their mods?

That can also be done. Bulbagarden I heard is a field for PokeShippers. Not sure how far it is true though.

It doesn't work that way. If you categorize it that way, none of our messages were spam. We had those turn by turn Pokemon battles thing if you remember? Although we discussed Amour later on in the same, it was considered as spam. Moreover, there's a separate thread for episodes discussion. Whether it is related to Amour or not is not their problem. You are speculating about an episode? There's a thread for that.

If anyone is up for making pleas, please feel free to do so. I won't plead to anyone over the Internet; especially if it is a free forum.
    PotSmuggle
    PotSmuggle
    Lord Kinniekins
    Lord Kinniekins

Favorite Pokemon : Delphox

Post by PotSmuggle Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:55 am

I prefer this forum over the Serebii thread because we have multiple threads to discuss the different areas of the ship. Like we have our own Writer's Community where fanfiction writers don't have to worry about changing the thread's topic whenever they need help or want to advertise their fanfiction.

I don't know, it just seems much more efficient to have a forum where we can freely discuss everything related to AmourShipping over a single thread where staying on topic is key for the thread to be clean and successful.

Also, I added a link to the website on my signature as well, I'd greatly appreciate it if everyone does as well. Very Happy

Btw, there are loads of AmourShippers on Youtube so I'll advertise it to the people over there.
    matthew11
    matthew11

Favorite Pokemon : Missingno

Post by matthew11 Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:03 am

PotSmuggle wrote:I prefer this forum over the Serebii thread because we have multiple threads to discuss the different areas of the ship. Like we have our own Writer's Community where fanfiction writers don't have to worry about changing the thread's topic whenever they need help or want to advertise their fanfiction.

I don't know, it just seems much more efficient to have a forum where we can freely discuss everything related to AmourShipping over a single thread where staying on topic is key for the thread to be clean and successful.

Also, I added a link to the website on my signature as well, I'd greatly appreciate it if everyone does as well. Very Happy

Btw, there are loads of AmourShippers on Youtube so I'll advertise it to the people over there.

I agree with everyone here who says we should just stay here. I mean, 'discussing future episodes is technically off-topic' is just a what the lleH moment there. I don't get the logic. It may be for restricting to just discussing hints, and that makes the thread more inactive, and eventually shut down if there is a hint drought coming, but whatever. I'll be there whenever there is a hint worthy of my observation.

Imma do that as well later.
    Amour256
    Amour256
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Amour256 Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:43 am

I MIGHT visit Serebii for some news and stuff which we need in here but I am all for this site! I decide to stay here. We all should stick to this site and just visit Serebii for latest news and stuff. The rules are shit in there. I find this site much much better than Serebii as it is. This is what I think. Other's opinions are welcomed as well Very Happy
    PotSmuggle
    PotSmuggle
    Lord Kinniekins
    Lord Kinniekins

Favorite Pokemon : Delphox

Post by PotSmuggle Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:15 am

Yeah, I will continue to do what I do best in the Serebii Forums, and that's lurking. If any new info pops up over there; I’m sure our members will be quick to bring it to our attention over here.
    Virgo
    Virgo

Post by Virgo Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:13 am

4.Stay On Topic - This thread is meant to discuss Amourshipping and only Amourshipping so episode discussions and speculation about individual characters is not allowed here. Also, discussions involving other ships is not allowed here either.

That doesn't sound very well. Future and past episodes, characters themselves and no bashing comparisons  with other ships, if they are to tell something about amour are part of this shipping. That highly reduces our topic list even if they are amour related.
    Amour256
    Amour256
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Amour256 Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:27 am

With that thing...what are we supposed to talk about! Just write Amourshipping is this, Amourshipping is that? They are imposing wayyyy too many and unjust rules under the name of 'peaceful environment'.

Sorry for the usage of words but I still say the mods over there deserve it. Thanks to the one who edited this post. This site is THE deal for Amourshipping
    Setsuna F Seiei
    Setsuna F Seiei
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Setsuna F Seiei Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:06 am

Why not stick to both? I'd be happy if amour thread in Serebii got restored and I'd love to stay longer more here. Pearl has a thread in Serebii and they have their own vault. Advance also have a thread in Serebii while at the same time have the Advancers board. So why not keep both this and Serebii's amour thread? (provided that the Mods does make a new one for us)
    Blood Red
    Blood Red

Favorite Pokemon : Charizard

Post by Blood Red Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:08 am

Setsuna F Seiei wrote:Why not stick to both? I'd be happy if amour thread in Serebii got restored and I'd love to stay longer more here. Pearl has a thread in Serebii and they have their own vault. Advance also have a thread in Serebii while at the same time have the Advancers board. So why not keep both this and Serebii's amour thread? (provided that the Mods does make a new one for us)
    The Amour thread is back.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?639684-Amourshipping-General-Discussion-V-2-*Spoiler-Warning*
    RobSp1derp1g
    RobSp1derp1g
    Admin
    Admin

Post by RobSp1derp1g Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:08 am

I'm gonna be on both. As such, I am unable to vote.
    pokesrini
    pokesrini
    Admin
    Admin

Post by pokesrini Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:58 am

Btw, I can guarantee you that the new Amour thread will be closed eventually. Those guys are already rushing off topic there :p They are discussing something that is not AmourShipping. You see what I mean? it is impossible to NOT stay out of topic. And yet they'll use it against us anyway. The rules there are quite foolish. I am going to lurk there mostly; maybe post once in a way if you guys like one of my posts here quite a bit.

But otherwise, this is my primary haunt. and to those who are propagating this place, thank you! Meanwhile, I think we should change the URL to AmourShipping rather than SatoSere. that way, we will hit Google search results higher. Because most people search AmourShipping anyway. First result that comes is Bulbapedia, and then quite a few Tumblr and deviantart pages. Serebii's thread is nowhere right now.
    AmourMustDie2000
    AmourMustDie2000
    ONE PERSON CAN MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE

Post by AmourMustDie2000 Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:45 am

I vote stay here but I'm not a member of Serebii.
    matthew11
    matthew11

Favorite Pokemon : Missingno

Post by matthew11 Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:59 am

Apparently, Ery edited Rule #4, and here it is:

Stay On Topic - This thread is meant to discuss Amourshipping and only Amourshipping. Speculation about individual characters is not allowed as is discussion involving other ships.

We can now discuss episodes there, as long as it is tied to amour directly.
    Virgo
    Virgo

Post by Virgo Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:01 pm

I know I talked to xEryChan and told her about bizarreness of this rule. She took my arguments and edited rules.
    Her PM to me"
    "I do admit that I worded Rule #4 rather oddly. Episode discussions is allowed as long as it is on topic. I don't mind you guys speculating how future episodes will impact Amourshipping. What I don't want to see is episode discussions in full, especially when we have threads for episode discussions, you know what I mean?

I'll allow episode discussions, as long as they are on topic."

So I guess I'm gonna visit both.
    ps. xEryChan is very nice girl.
    Coconutty
    Coconutty

Post by Coconutty Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:54 pm

I'm going to lurk around Serebii still, and MAYBE comment once in a while, but for my AmourShipping needs I'd prefer to stay here Smile I'm glad they changed that episode rule, but I still have a few gripes with Serebii. Mainly: I personally think that having a bunch of different threads for each aspect of AmourShipping is inefficient and counterproductive. I do like the separate fanfiction thread and things like that, but we have that here.

For those of you who plan to stay on both: I'd suggest casting your vote for this place on this poll, because it seems like the question, rather than being "Should we leave Serebii?" is "Should we stay here?" Your vote won't kill Serebii, but it will save the S. S. Amour. Ya feel? I could be wrong - that's just how I see it. Idk. That's all. ^_^

Btw, regardless of whether you celebrate it, Merry Christmas Very Happy Although for some of you it may already be over by now, but oh well.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:45 pm