Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome aboard the S.S. Amour! These forums are for anyone who wish to discuss AmourShipping (SatoSere) or any other ships and to chat with the community.

+3
calvinhobbesliker
pokesrini
Blood Red
7 posters

Ash and Serena's First Date --Discussion--

Blood Red
    Blood Red

Favorite Pokemon : Charizard

Ash and Serena's First Date --Discussion-- Empty Ash and Serena's First Date --Discussion--

Post by Blood Red Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:58 pm

Glad to see it return! Can't wait for Part 3 Very Happy
    pokesrini
    pokesrini
    Admin
    Admin

Ash and Serena's First Date --Discussion-- Empty Re: Ash and Serena's First Date --Discussion--

Post by pokesrini Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:06 pm

Thank you Pokevision! We love it Very Happy
    calvinhobbesliker

Ash and Serena's First Date --Discussion-- Empty Re: Ash and Serena's First Date --Discussion--

Post by calvinhobbesliker Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:23 pm

Why was the original thread on serebii closed?
    pokesrini
    pokesrini
    Admin
    Admin

Post by pokesrini Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:25 pm

For the glory of Satan of course! xD Nah..apparently Serebii feels that hosting caption stories is below their dignity.
    PotSmuggle
    PotSmuggle
    Lord Kinniekins
    Lord Kinniekins

Favorite Pokemon : Delphox

Post by PotSmuggle Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:25 am

Haha, I love this caption story.

Oh wow, I can't believe Serebii took it down. :/ That sucks.

Can't wait for part 3!
    Virgo
    Virgo

Post by Virgo Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:47 am

At least here is save. I guess Serebii doesn't allow posts with too much pics.
    matthew11
    matthew11

Favorite Pokemon : Missingno

Post by matthew11 Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:55 am

The reason they closed this on Serebii is because:

1. It's not rated, obviously.
    2. Serebii doesn't allow more than 500 kb worth of images in a single post.
    3. While it does look like a fic, it seems more like an illustration of the fic than a descriptive one. And because of this, there are no setting descriptions whatsoever. It's composed entirely of dialogues.
    pokesrini
    pokesrini
    Admin
    Admin

Post by pokesrini Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:06 am

matthew11 wrote:The reason they closed this on Serebii is because:

1. It's not rated, obviously.
    2. Serebii doesn't allow more than 500 kb worth of images in a single post.
    3. While it does look like a fic, it seems more like an illustration of the fic than a descriptive one. And because of this, there are no setting descriptions whatsoever. It's composed entirely of dialogues.

Well here's the thing. His thread on Serebii was approved by a mod at first. And yet it was banned citing that reason.

The first point, a warning would've sufficed, asking him to comply to that.
    The second point, it doesn't allow more than that amount of images. But that's the thing. It can check, and it automatically stops you.
    The third point, that rule is highly subjective. A work of fiction could include anything ranging from a song to a script to descriptive text. Because all that a work of fiction really is is that it features characters and/or places that don't exist in real life. Then it raises the question of why it was approved in the first place.

Now I'll add this. The mod who pulled it down spoke of it in a very derogatory and demeaning way. You can quote the rules, but not with such impunity. His words spoke of how scripts and illustrated stories such as this are due to people being lazy. Now tell me, if someone told you that, would you like it? And it certainly isn't easy to make this caption story. It takes a really long time to find the appropriate screenshots and to develop a story along its lines. Some of them may even need editing, and the whole thing needs formatting. Is that lazy? I'm sure that you should understand this- since you have a fanfic too.

I'm afraid that unlike the Amour thread, where there was at least some potential to give benefit of doubt, locking Pokevision's thread was totally uncalled for since it had prior approval, AND the way it was handled was utterly disgraceful.
    matthew11
    matthew11

Post by matthew11 Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:33 am

pokesrini wrote:Well here's the thing. His thread on Serebii was approved by a mod at first. And yet it was banned citing that reason.

The first point, a warning would've sufficed, asking him to comply to that.
    The second point, it doesn't allow more than that amount of images. But that's the thing. It can check, and it automatically stops you.
    The third point, that rule is highly subjective. A work of fiction could include anything ranging from a song to a script to descriptive text. Because all that a work of fiction really is is that it features characters and/or places that don't exist in real life. Then it raises the question of why it was approved in the first place.

Now I'll add this. The mod who pulled it down spoke of it in a very derogatory and demeaning way. You can quote the rules, but not with such impunity. His words spoke of how scripts and illustrated stories such as this are due to people being lazy. Now tell me, if someone told you that, would you like it? And it certainly isn't easy to make this caption story. It takes a really long time to find the appropriate screenshots and to develop a story along its lines. Some of them may even need editing, and the whole thing needs formatting. Is that lazy? I'm sure that you should understand this- since you have a fanfic too.

I'm afraid that unlike the Amour thread, where there was at least some potential to give benefit of doubt, locking Pokevision's thread was totally uncalled for since it had prior approval, AND the way it was handled was utterly disgraceful.

Geez, man. Calm the lleH down Lol xD.

All of these points I raised are mainly subjective. I don't intend to bash anyone for their objective reasoning towards the closing of Pokevision's thread in Serebii. Song fics are a thing, I know that, but illustrative fics like this aren't really considered 'fics' by the netizens, so to speak (this might be why we can't display images on fanfiction.net). I dunno why it was approved in the first place. That's one thing that strengthens your side.

For someone telling me that I'm merely lazy seeing that I made the exact same thing, honestly, I don't mind at all. Looking at your line 'His words spoke of how scripts and illustrated stories such as this are due to people being lazy.' simply means that one is lazy to give descriptive detail of the settings, characters, and such that creates a fanfic. This is one example of derailing from the road to creating a fanfiction. If you're still not convinced, look at the images in this captions story. Looks okay, right? Wrong. If you can give description to every detail in every images displayed, you can be very confused on how it came to that. One can say "Why did the place where the characters reside changed?" or, "Why did it looked like the sun was about to set, when the image before that took place during the morning?" If anything, I'd be making a manga/doujin than a fic.

And btw, I can't get enough of Giga Impact Satoshi xD
    pokesrini
    pokesrini
    Admin
    Admin

Post by pokesrini Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:13 pm

matthew11 wrote:

Geez, man. Calm the lleH down Lol xD.

All of these points I raised are mainly subjective. I don't intend to bash anyone for their objective reasoning towards the closing of Pokevision's thread in Serebii. Song fics are a thing, I know that, but illustrative fics like this aren't really considered 'fics' by the netizens, so to speak (this might be why we can't display images on fanfiction.net). I dunno why it was approved in the first place. That's one thing that strengthens your side.

For someone telling me that I'm merely lazy seeing that I made the exact same thing, honestly, I don't mind at all. Looking at your line 'His words spoke of how scripts and illustrated stories such as this are due to people being lazy.' simply means that one is lazy to give descriptive detail of the settings, characters, and such that creates a fanfic. This is one example of derailing from the road to creating a fanfiction. If you're still not convinced, look at the images in this captions story. Looks okay, right? Wrong. If you can give description to every detail in every images displayed, you can be very confused on how it came to that. One can say "Why did the place where the characters reside changed?" or, "Why did it looked like the sun was about to set, when the image before that took place during the morning?" If anything, I'd be making a manga/doujin than a fic.

And btw, I can't get enough of Giga Impact Satoshi xD

LOL nah. Just saying.

About the lazy thing, I don't think the contextual meaning was that simple. In any case, there are much better ways to mention that. Arrogance really doesn't suit a business or a service provider. Not even a hint of arrogance. Moreover, Serebii isn't that massive either to have its mods act so crass. Enough times, you don't even need to speak of the background and surroundings like, for example, scripts. That doesn't make it any less. Writing dialogues isn't easy at all. In the end, this is a work of art and fiction by an amateur. There will be continuity errors, plot holes and various stuff. Expecting works from Charles Dickens or Herge is wrong.

Anyways, this place is safe for it.

That line was really epic xD
    matthew11
    matthew11

Post by matthew11 Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:57 am

pokesrini wrote:LOL nah. Just saying.

About the lazy thing, I don't think the contextual meaning was that simple. In any case, there are much better ways to mention that. Arrogance really doesn't suit a business or a service provider. Not even a hint of arrogance. Moreover, Serebii isn't that massive either to have its mods act so crass. Enough times, you don't even need to speak of the background and surroundings like, for example, scripts. That doesn't make it any less. Writing dialogues isn't easy at all. In the end, this is a work of art and fiction by an amateur. There will be continuity errors, plot holes and various stuff. Expecting works from Charles Dickens or Herge is wrong.

Anyways, this place is safe for it.

That line was really epic xD

I agree. It could've been handled better IMO.

I have to disagree with you there. Giving descriptive detail of objects, areas, etc, are really essential for fics. There may be short times it's not required, but mostly it's really important to give some to give readers the feeling that they're watching a movie of some sort than reading (that depends if they have wide imaginations). Having a hard time writing dialogues are personal problems. I, in fact, do enjoy writing dialogues. My weakness? Do check the Author's Profile for more details Lol.

pokesrini
    pokesrini
    Admin
    Admin

Post by pokesrini Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:57 am

well anyway, I suppose we'll end that discussion here. It really isn't the place to discuss that.
    Pokévision
    Pokévision

Favorite Pokemon : Braixen

Ash and Serena's First Date --Discussion-- Empty Ash and Serena's First Date --DISCUSSION--

Post by Pokévision Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:30 pm

Historically, people who have proposed new ideas or done something new have been ridiculed. Just look at the history of science: abstract ideas by pioneering scientists were rejected by the people of their time.

However, it's useless to debate about what's past. No need to argue over my caption story anymore.

That being said, I regret to say I will most likely be discontinuing this primarily because I am becoming too busy to invest time into creating a Part 3. I had some ideas for Part 3 but in hindsight the scope appears not feasible...I would have to race the clock to beat the rapidly approaching date episode and given my busy schedule I don't think I can win that race. Also, the bad terrible experience I had with how my work was treated before makes me extremely hesitant to invest my time again.

Thanks to everyone who supported me throughout the production of these works! Shout-out to pokesrini and Blood Red for their support and PotSmuggle for creating a place that can house my work!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 3:06 pm