Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome aboard the S.S. Amour! These forums are for anyone who wish to discuss AmourShipping (SatoSere) or any other ships and to chat with the community.

+8
Pokévision
calvinhobbesliker
WillDaSnail
pokesrini
Virgo
taeuknam
Blood Red
PotSmuggle
12 posters

XY059 Ash and Serena's First Date?!

PotSmuggle
    PotSmuggle
    Lord Kinniekins
    Lord Kinniekins

Favorite Pokemon : Delphox

XY059 Ash and Serena's First Date?! Empty XY059 Ash and Serena's First Date?!

Post by PotSmuggle Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:54 am

The Fabled Episode. The episode AmourShippers, opposing Ash shippers, and the world have all been waiting for!

What will this episode mean for the future of AmourShipping?

We can only know for certain when the episode airs on Feb 5th.
    Blood Red
    Blood Red

Favorite Pokemon : Charizard

XY059 Ash and Serena's First Date?! Empty Re: XY059 Ash and Serena's First Date?!

Post by Blood Red Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:14 pm

Well, pK' posted a tweet which listed Omode-san as the writer of XY059. Looks like there's another blow to the rampant pessimism surrounding this particular episode XD
    PotSmuggle
    PotSmuggle
    Lord Kinniekins
    Lord Kinniekins

XY059 Ash and Serena's First Date?! Empty Re: XY059 Ash and Serena's First Date?!

Post by PotSmuggle Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:05 pm

Blood Red wrote:Well, pK' posted a tweet which listed Omode-san as the writer of XY059. Looks like there's another blow to the rampant pessimism surrounding this particular episode XD

Really? Now I'm getting hyped for this episode again. We all know that realistically at least something is going to happen in this episode and this just proves it even more.

Sorry for being so inactive atm, really busy holiday and I just got ORAS xD. I'll be working on this website and joining in on the discussions when my schedule starts to free up.
    taeuknam

Post by taeuknam Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:00 pm

Extremely troll scenario: A shopping mall shooting occurs and they postpone this episode indefinitely.

Anyways, I think Serena will get development for sure, and hopefully their relationship also develops.
    Virgo
    Virgo

Post by Virgo Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:57 pm

There's no reason to postpone that episode. I don't see it actually happening. But right. That would be extremally troll move.
    pokesrini
    pokesrini
    Admin
    Admin

Post by pokesrini Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:40 pm

No BloodRed. Pessimists will never back down. :p The only thing that will stop them is the episode itself.
    Blood Red
    Blood Red

Post by Blood Red Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:10 am

Information on the 'date' episode:

XY059 Ash and Serena's First Date?! RZ6wPjT

Rough translation (not accurate):

Hiyoku City (Coumarine City) has a festival that is held only once a year.
    It is said that if one gives the present to Pokemon under the "Vow Tree" during that day, their bonds will be more deepened.
    After knowing about it, Satoshi and Serena go shopping for the presents for their Pokemon.

Image by nuzamaki90 (Serebii)
    Translation by Obscurities (Serebii)

Discuss.
    pokesrini
    pokesrini
    Admin
    Admin

Post by pokesrini Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:16 am

Well...first off, now we know what that vow tree is about (and I can write my fanfic more accurately). Other than that, it changes nothing. In all likelihood, the vow tree and the presentation ceremony happens in the night. So it leaves the whole day for Ash and Serena.

To me, I don't see how this could change any previous predictions. Yes, it is something to do with shopping and stuff. But even that won't be for too long. We'll see at least a good 3-4 minutes of some shippy scenes. I don't see this as any cause for worry.
    Blood Red
    Blood Red

Post by Blood Red Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:22 am

pokesrini wrote:Well...first off, now we know what that vow tree is about (and I can write my fanfic more accurately). Other than that, it changes nothing. In all likelihood, the vow tree and the presentation ceremony happens in the night. So it leaves the whole day for Ash and Serena.

To me, I don't see how this could change any previous predictions. Yes, it is something to do with shopping and stuff. But even that won't be for too long. We'll see at least a good 3-4 minutes of some shippy scenes. I don't see this as any cause for worry.

Of course nothing's changed. It's not like we know anything about their day, all we know is that the Vow Tree is a place where you can strengthen bonds.

Maybe Ash and Serena will exchange presents to strengthen their own bonds.

P.S. No Pikachu in this one either.
    pokesrini
    pokesrini
    Admin
    Admin

Post by pokesrini Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:30 am

Yeah that is confirmed. A clear translation of it is:

"Coumarine City celebrates a festival once a year. On this day, the tradition is that people give their Pokemon presents below a giant tree called the "Vow Tree" to strengthen their mutual bonds. Hearing this, Satoshi and Serena go just the two of them together to buy presents they can give the Pokémon."

This just adds one scene at the end. Now we know that after the sunset, Ash and Serena would return to the group, and they all go to the vow tree and give the presents to their Pokemon. And we also know why Clemont and Bonnie aren't there- since someone had to take care of the Pokemon. The writers found a great excuse xD But that's again a speculation I put forth a very long time back.

What happens in between is what is up for guesswork.
    WillDaSnail
    WillDaSnail
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by WillDaSnail Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:39 am

Hmmm...now we know the beginning and the ending of the episode itself thanks to those summaries.

What about everything in between? Well that's where the magic may happen (and where our imaginations can run wild....for now Very Happy)
    pokesrini
    pokesrini
    Admin
    Admin

Post by pokesrini Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:42 am

LOL there's no use knowing the beginning and the ending. We more or less predicted that. Everything in between is what we are interested in knowing. for example, we knew the beginning and ending of the Goomy episode. We know the beginning and ending of all the gym episodes. What really adds the hype and spice is everything else in the episode xD

Nothing changes as far as my speculations are concerned. I still say the same.
    calvinhobbesliker

Post by calvinhobbesliker Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:56 am

Wait, are the bonds between the person and their Pokemon strengthened, or are the bonds between the people strengthened?
    Blood Red
    Blood Red

Post by Blood Red Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:07 am

calvinhobbesliker wrote:Wait, are the bonds between the person and their Pokemon strengthened, or are the bonds between the people strengthened?
    Person and their Pokémon.
    calvinhobbesliker

Post by calvinhobbesliker Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:54 am

Blood Red wrote:
    calvinhobbesliker wrote:Wait, are the bonds between the person and their Pokemon strengthened, or are the bonds between the people strengthened?
    Person and their Pokémon.

Oh darn. I guess the other way would have been too obvious.
    Pokévision
    Pokévision

Favorite Pokemon : Braixen

Post by Pokévision Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:59 am

In the screenshot Ash doesn't looked "bored" with the shopping as some pessimists have suggested in the episode discussion thread...and no Pikachu as well...
    PotSmuggle
    PotSmuggle
    Lord Kinniekins
    Lord Kinniekins

Post by PotSmuggle Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:37 pm

Pokévision wrote:In the screenshot Ash doesn't looked "bored" with the shopping as some pessimists have suggested in the episode discussion thread...and no Pikachu as well...

You're right, Ash really seems to be enjoying the shopping.

I think the episode is going to have some cute moments and an few hints throughout the episode, but I expecting something huge at the end that actually progresses Amour somewhat unlike the other hints we will be seeing. Oh, and bonus points if we get some Ash hints for once, but that stare hint is still good enough to help me last for most of the anime in terms of his side of the ship.
    pokesrini
    pokesrini
    Admin
    Admin

Post by pokesrini Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:16 pm

Pokevision! Long time no see! Very Happy Welcome back to the discussions. Btw where have you been? I don't think any pessimist even said that Ash looks bored in that. It is the Courmarine Monorail incidentally- that scene. Not shopping yet.

We can definitely expect good and cute interactions throughout the episode, and some really good shipping hint in that sunset scene which comes towards the end. Of course, expecting Ash/Serena to give the other a gift at the Vow Tree scene- which will be the absolute last is too much to hope for.
    calvinhobbesliker

Post by calvinhobbesliker Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:00 pm

PotSmuggle wrote:
    Pokévision wrote:In the screenshot Ash doesn't looked "bored" with the shopping as some pessimists have suggested in the episode discussion thread...and no Pikachu as well...

You're right, Ash really seems to be enjoying the shopping.

I think the episode is going to have some cute moments and an few hints throughout the episode, but I expecting something huge at the end that actually progresses Amour somewhat unlike the other hints we will be seeing. Oh, and bonus points if we get some Ash hints for once, but that stare hint is still good enough to help me last for most of the anime in terms of his side of the ship.

What stare hint are you referring to? The one where Ash stared at Serena and Fennekin after they fell of the cliff in XY040?
    Pokévision
    Pokévision

Favorite Pokemon : Braixen

Post by Pokévision Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:51 pm

pokesrini wrote:Pokevision! Long time no see! Very Happy Welcome back to the discussions. Btw where have you been? I don't think any pessimist even said that Ash looks bored in that. It is the Courmarine Monorail incidentally- that scene. Not shopping yet.

We can definitely expect good and cute interactions throughout the episode, and some really good shipping hint in that sunset scene which comes towards the end. Of course, expecting Ash/Serena to give the other a gift at the Vow Tree scene- which will be the absolute last is too much to hope for.

I have been watching a lot of videos lately and not much else lol.

I meant that the pessimists said shopping wouldn't last long because Ash would be bored (granted, in the movie Ash was rather impatient and said something like "Will you guys hurry up already?"). But since the screenshot isn't of shopping I'll have to retract my statement...for now.

calvinhobbesliker wrote:
    What stare hint are you referring to? The one where Ash stared at Serena and Fennekin after they fell of the cliff in XY040?
    The stare hint is Ash's stare when Serena changes into her Fennekin costume in XY021.
    pokesrini
    pokesrini
    Admin
    Admin

Post by pokesrini Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:25 am

Heh..its nice to have you back man! Very Happy I'm not sure about the movie, but Ash certainly won't react that way in this episode. Like I said, it would be a hint fiesta. Nothing like a date per se- that is, a candle-lit dinner or stuff, but a lot of hints- probably even seeing Ash warming up slowly to the idea of love and relationships.

And now that you mention it, yes. Ash's expression in those screenshots is a lot like that blank stare we saw in XY021. And Serena's expression...man this is so mysterious. In fact, I would choose the Anistar City theme to go with that scene rather than the Laverre Theme xD
    PotSmuggle
    PotSmuggle
    Lord Kinniekins
    Lord Kinniekins

Post by PotSmuggle Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:01 am

Yeah it's good to have you back Pokevision!

One thing interesting about that stare hint is that it was shown in the episode preview (The reaction part, not the zoom up afterwards). Your Lord Kinniekins actually saw it back then and asked everybody if that was supposed to be a hint. That's why I'm so satisfied with that extra bit the writers threw in when the camera zooms in on his face and highlights the hint.

I hope the preview for xy059 will reveal some of the hints too so we can get to speculating a week before the episode airs. I'm predicting 1-2 Ash hints that might be of the same nature of that xy021 stare hint. So we may get hints out of the fact that Ash may be unconsciously attracted to Serena.
    pokesrini
    pokesrini
    Admin
    Admin

Post by pokesrini Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:31 pm

I really don't think that the episode preview would show us any hints. If anything it might show us just one small thing- speculating on which we would miss the main point. And as such, I don't think I'll be available to speculate on the episode- given that I will be in India at that time. So I will be too busy roaming around here and there to come online much.
    CanadianInfernape
    CanadianInfernape

Favorite Pokemon : Me.

Post by CanadianInfernape Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:23 am

Well, Serena has quite the face in that screenshot, I must say.

The thing I must wonder (and excuse me if it comes of as pessimism) is if the 'date' episode is misinterpreted, cause the description doesn't sound that shippy anyways. Oh well, I'm sure 90% that the date has some sort of context in it :3
    PotSmuggle
    PotSmuggle
    Lord Kinniekins
    Lord Kinniekins

Post by PotSmuggle Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:07 am

CanadianInfernape wrote:Well, Serena has quite the face in that screenshot, I must say.

The thing I must wonder (and excuse me if it comes of as pessimism) is if the 'date' episode is misinterpreted, cause the description doesn't sound that shippy anyways. Oh well, I'm sure 90% that the date has some sort of context in it :3

You mean this screenshot?
    XY059 Ash and Serena's First Date?! Tumblr_inline_nh4wsp32mG1siysd1
    Once I saw it I flipped my s***. It looked like Serena is flirting or something, and Ash must really be surprised about what she's talking about. Also, I used a bunch of filters to confirm that Serena is indeed smiling in that screenshot. Man, I wish I knew about this picture once it was scanned. xD

Edit: Correct me if I'm wrong, but after some further analysis; it seems like Ash's eyes are wide open with his pupils shrunken, like he is actually shocked at what Serena is saying. What do you guys think?

I'm kinda on the same boat as you, but I know that there will be something coming out of it for sure because of the fact that barely anything of the episode has been revealed as of this moment, which is very weird. All they revealed to us so far is just a perfect setting for an AmourShipping centric episode, a very blunt shippy title, and a few screenshots of AmourShipping implied scenes. So I don't think we need to worry that much about it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 5:19 am