Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome aboard the S.S. Amour! These forums are for anyone who wish to discuss AmourShipping (SatoSere) or any other ships and to chat with the community.

+26
pokesrini
Blood Red
TemplarJLF
Opum
amour4ever
Mitsuru
chicorita3
calvinhobbesliker
Purim
WillDaSnail
taeuknam
Coconutty
asuna07neros
Spectro889
AshSerena
PokemonTrainerY
Sheepy Lamby
matthew11
Pokévision
AmourMustDie2000
Serena
ScienceIsSoAmazing
Ikcatcher
Amour256
RobSp1derp1g
PotSmuggle
30 posters

AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

pokesrini
    pokesrini
    Admin
    Admin

AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS] - Page 16 Empty Re: AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Post by pokesrini Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:31 am

Certainly. I definitely expect something in XY058. We have more than enough reason to be slightly more optimistic about the possibilities of hints in that episode since we got a fair amount of hints in the past episodes- including the latest one(s) in XY056.

And as you mentioned, every gym battle has had some high quality hints so far. So expecting one in this gym isn't that far fetched. I am inclined to believe that we will see something akin to the hint we saw in the Cyllage Gym, since Serena doesn't seem to play a really major role in Ash's training before this gym. I will be surprised if we see an Ash hint from XY058.
    calvinhobbesliker

AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS] - Page 16 Empty Re: AmourShipping (Ash x Serena) Discussion Thread [SPOILERS]

Post by calvinhobbesliker Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:32 pm

I saw at least one person here or on the serebii thread say that Ash has a better bond with Serena than with any other female companion. Since Ash and Dawn had a really strong bond (at least, according to Pearlshippers), how exactly is his bond with Serena the strongest?

matthew11
    matthew11

Favorite Pokemon : Missingno

Post by matthew11 Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:04 am

calvinhobbesliker wrote:I saw at least one person here or on the serebii thread say that Ash has a better bond with Serena than with any other female companion. Since Ash and Dawn had a really strong bond (at least, according to Pearlshippers), how exactly is his bond with Serena the strongest?

No. Bonds cannot be measured by humans. In reality, it's merely pure opinion from two people who has a strong bond. We, of course, cannot feel what they feel about the other. Even here, we cannot tell exactly if Satoshi's bond with Serena is stronger than with Hikari. As I said, it's purely an opinion. Of course, not all will agree with an opinion, unless it is proven as a fact.

Last edited by matthew11 on Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:09 am; edited 1 time in total
    pokesrini
    pokesrini
    Admin
    Admin

Post by pokesrini Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:55 am

calvinhobbesliker wrote:I saw at least one person here or on the serebii thread say that Ash has a better bond with Serena than with any other female companion. Since Ash and Dawn had a really strong bond (at least, according to Pearlshippers), how exactly is his bond with Serena the strongest?

Like Matthew suggested, it is highly subjective. PearlShippers believe that Ash and Dawn shared the strongest bond because of their closeness. AmourShippers believe that Ash's and Serena's bond is the strongest because of them knowing each other for so long, and the way Ash acts subdued at times in front of her. He has never snapped at her till now despite having a couple of opportunities to do so. PokeShippers believe that Ash and Misty share the strongest bond. So it all depends on what you like.
    asuna07neros
    asuna07neros

Post by asuna07neros Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:21 am

pokesrini wrote:
    Like Matthew suggested, it is highly subjective. PearlShippers believe that Ash and Dawn shared the strongest bond because of their closeness. AmourShippers believe that Ash's and Serena's bond is the strongest because of them knowing each other for so long, and the way Ash acts subdued at times in front of her. He has never snapped at her till now despite having a couple of opportunities to do so. PokeShippers believe that Ash and Misty share the strongest bond. So it all depends on what you like.

Satoshi and Serena have only met once before their childhood and have reunited after a couple of years. How the heck are they going to know each other for so long? Unless you are telling me that there's more to their childhood but as what they have revealed so far, it's less likely to happen.

Though I'm going to agree that this whole 'closeness' thing is subjective and would depend on the shipper's side. Although even if I don't ship pearl, I'd say that Satoshi's bond with Hikari is currently the strongest one but that's unfair to compare with amour since XY still has a long way to go.
    pokesrini
    pokesrini
    Admin
    Admin

Post by pokesrini Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:45 am

Asuna I should've added some at the beginning of that statement. That is the belief of some of the AmourShippers. Not all. I don't believe it myself, so I won't bother defending my statement.

My belief is that Ash and Serena share about the same closeness as Ash and Dawn did. Owing to my previous Pearl credentials, I would never believe that Ash and Serena share a bond that is closer than Ash and Dawn unless Amour is made canon.

I would also like to announce the release of my fanfic. https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10987077/1/Time-Only-Knows I hope you guys like it! xD
    WillDaSnail
    WillDaSnail
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by WillDaSnail Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:02 pm

I'm amazed no one has brought this up...yet. Here's the question for you all:

Like past gym battle episodes, do you expect to see hints from Serena or Ash during the Coumarine Gym battle?

My take: There'll be no doubt that there will be hints throughout the episode. There were hints during the past 3 gym battles (and many of us have grown to accept the fact that there's hints of some sort during gym battles), and it'd be highly unusual if none was included at all.
    Virgo
    Virgo

Post by Virgo Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:27 am

We have a good reason to expect some gym battles during battle with Ramos. So far every Kalos gym battle provided us with some interesting. Santalune Gym: Serena's waking up Ash before he could be defeated; Cyllage Gym: Serena's big almost bizarre concern for Ash and Shalour Gym: Ash looking at Serena a remembering her effort and words.
    chicorita3

Favorite Pokemon : entei

Post by chicorita3 Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:36 am

Here is the new summary that Dephender (thank you)on serebii just posted:

"Coumarine City holds a festival once a year. Serena hears that according to tradition, if people give their Pokemon presents below the "Vow Tree" during this, it will strengthen their mutual bonds. Keeping it all a secret from Pikachu and the other Pokémon, she takes Ash with her to go shopping for presents. However, Serena is so focused on the fact that the two of them are alone together she's unable to pay enough attention to the shopping."
    taeuknam

Post by taeuknam Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:08 am

So we will have hints! *cries tears of joy*

I wonder if this will be the episode where Serena's crush is established to the audience more formally, as in, she confirms it out loud.
    WillDaSnail
    WillDaSnail
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by WillDaSnail Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:04 am

It's happening!

Wait I spoke too soon...

With that additional, yet important piece of detail we can all hope that Ash isn't his dense self during the "date". It would be a significant development if Ash does react differently to Serena.
    PotSmuggle
    PotSmuggle
    Lord Kinniekins
    Lord Kinniekins

Favorite Pokemon : Delphox

Post by PotSmuggle Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:31 am

Oh wow, I didn't expect to see that in the summary. So this episode is pretty much 100% confirmed to be shippy. What do they mean by Serena not focusing on the shopping? Like what taeuknam said, I hope Serena confirms her crush to the audience when she is in her thoughts.
    Blood Red
    Blood Red

Favorite Pokemon : Charizard

Post by Blood Red Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:42 am

@Lord Kinniekins: Too late for that, her crush was confirmed more than 30 episodes ago XD

Looks like Serena's finally ready to make a move! Maybe she's finally ready to take Miette's advice XD
    PotSmuggle
    PotSmuggle
    Lord Kinniekins
    Lord Kinniekins

Post by PotSmuggle Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:26 pm

@Blood Red lol I mean that we actually hear how she feels about Ash for once. Btw her crush was pretty much confirmed off the bat with the character relationship chart and XY013, so that is even earlier than 30 episodes. O_o

I believe that Serena is going to make a move in this episode too. Not sure if she will do that early on in the episode or if she will do something near the end.
    Virgo
    Virgo

Post by Virgo Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:37 pm

It's about time. To be hones staying by her and doing nothing put some dark clouds on amour. If she starts to take some actions, there is bigger chance for Ash to reciprocate her feelings. Even if Ash won't give us any hint this episodes will be a milestone. Serena finally will start doing something, not traveling with him waiting in silence for him to act.
    pokesrini
    pokesrini
    Admin
    Admin

Post by pokesrini Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:51 pm

Well I definitely don't think that this is the only thing we will see in the episode. Serena's crush was confirmed in the anime by the Miette episode...if not much earlier. This is if we leave the external hints such as the character charts.

So to make another episode that seemingly confirms Serena's crush is pretty redundant. So there must be more. But will we see her make a direct move? I'm not so sure. But I certainly see her making small advanced...tiptoeing towards the hidden Pokémon Razz I stick to my old predictions. Ash's armour of oblivion may crack a bit here.
    WillDaSnail
    WillDaSnail
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by WillDaSnail Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:34 am

So...a new wild image has appeared!

Spoiler:
    pokesrini
    pokesrini
    Admin
    Admin

Post by pokesrini Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:35 am

OH MY GOD! I WAS RIGHT IN MY FANFIC! Very Happy

Okay boys. Seatbelts on. We are in for one hell of a ride. That is what will break his armour of oblivion
    Virgo
    Virgo

Post by Virgo Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:58 am

It seem like Serena gives Ash a gift. I wonder what it will be. We know Serena knows Ash's love for battling and Pokémon. I think a Key Stone would be quite a gift. But that might be a little to much right now.

BTW. Serena looks so cute in her dress in XY060. I wonder how Ash will react. He starred at her, when she was wearing Fennekin costume.
    Blood Red
    Blood Red

Favorite Pokemon : Charizard

Post by Blood Red Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:47 am

SOMEONE BRING THE CONFETTI!

Pretty exciting stuff going on around here, that's for sure. I hope Serena grabs Ash's hand and drags him around doing fun stuff, since it seems like she can't concentrate on shopping XD
    PotSmuggle
    PotSmuggle
    Lord Kinniekins
    Lord Kinniekins

Post by PotSmuggle Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:03 am

I'm just waiting patiently for the XY059 preview. D:

I wonder what the present she gave Ash is... There's not that many things you can buy that will make him look so shocked you know?
    Virgo
    Virgo

Post by Virgo Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:42 am

Maybe he is shocked by the fact, that she gave him a present at all. It's not like cameo of May, when she gave some gifts for long time no see friends. This time Ash will be getting a gift for someone, who travels with him. Especially when was told, that they suppose to look for presents for Pokémon, not them.
    matthew11
    matthew11

Favorite Pokemon : Missingno

Post by matthew11 Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:34 am

Full summary:

Today is the day of a festival celebrated once a year in Hiyoku City. After hearing that giving a present to their Pokémon under the biggest tree in the city, the "Vow Tree", on this day will strengthen the bond between them and the Pokémon, Satoshi and Serena go shopping for presents. This is the first time the two of them have gone shopping all by themselves, without Pikachu, Citron, Eureka or any of their other Pokémon around. Serena feels it's just like a date, and is secretly overjoyed about it.

Source
    WillDaSnail
    WillDaSnail
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by WillDaSnail Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:59 am

To add on to Matthew's post, looking at the voice cast list.....

If TR does anything batshit crazy in that episode that interrupts the moments between Ash and Serena, I will be using Outrage on everything I see absolutely fuming mad.

For future reference:
    pokesrini
    pokesrini
    Admin
    Admin

Post by pokesrini Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:42 am

I am not patiently waiting for the preview. I WANT IT NOW! xD

Meanwhile as to TR's appearance, I don't think they will directly interfere with the lovebirds. If they are going to have some action here, they would try to ambush Clemont and Bonnie, and would be blown away in a few seconds like in the Shalour Gym. Otherwise it would just be a small appearance, where Jessie would want to practise for her upcoming Tripokelon and James and Meowth agree- taking a break from that eternal chase for once. Or it could also be that TR decides to take a passive role on for once, and join in the celebrations- giving gifts to their Pokemon.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 11:05 pm